Monthly Archives: March 2005

Bloody Canada, bloody humans

The “seal cull” is underway in eastern Canada (full story). Human beings have insanely bad karma and it’s only getting worse. Oh… And scientists are saying we’ve depleted two-thirds of the world’s resources, making us a threat to 10 million … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Comments Off

The Genetics of Propaganda

Jeb Bush paid a reporter $100,000? How could that be? Oh wait. Full story at dKos.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Asshat's approval at 45%

More from MSNBC.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Two years of neocon terrorism

AMERICAN MILITARY DEATHS IN IRAQ: 1,521 AMERICAN MILITARY WOUNDED IN IRAQ: 11,344 IRAQI CIVILIAN DEATHS (MINIMUM): 17,061

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

Isn't Alaska a red state?

51 to 49. This was the margin of passage for raping the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. 51 senators said, “You know. Despite our massive potential for historically groundbreaking innovations in alternative fuel technology, we’re going to take a destructive, knee-jerk path … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Stop fake news now

Did you know that BushCo uses your tax dollars to manufacture fake news that is actually aired on TV news channels as if it were real journalism? Wanna do something about it? Then go to www.stopfakenews.org and sign their petition … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Comments Off

Bush failing on Social Security

The C student is doing worse than usual with his Social Security nonsense. He’s lying and obfuscating as well as he usually does, but this time, people aren’t buying it. Or, I should say, more people aren’t buying it than … Continue reading

Posted in Social Security | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Uber-brother is making video for you

The “People’s Governor” (that’s according to his website) is using tax dollars to further hone his cinematic skills. Courtesy of the AP: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s administration has acknowledged making several videos masquerading as news stories to promote its agenda, creating … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Karen Hughes, friend of Islam

From the Washington Post: Former White House counselor Karen P. Hughes will take over the Bush administration’s troubled public diplomacy effort intended to burnish the U.S. image abroad, particularly in the Muslim world. Is the thinking that if Hughes can … Continue reading

Posted in International Relations | Tagged | Comments Off

Not just the facts, ma’am

So the troops that shot Nicola Calipari were in place to protect John “We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Constitution” Negroponte, the US Ambassador to Iraq. More on this villain below. Don’t worry though, Rumsfeld is on the case. Remember how … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

Marine: Saddam capture story was bogus

Yet another soldier for the right-wing troop haters to demonize: “I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Comments Off

Guess Condi’s not a role model

Army recruitment of blacks and women is down. One guess why. (Here’s a hint: four letter word that starts with “I” and ends with “Q.”) From AP: Young blacks have grown markedly less willing to join the Army, citing fear … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

Porter Goss: "WHAT THE…?!"

CIA chief Porter Goss appeared at a press conference with Bush the other day and when Bush mentioned Bin Laden, Goss literally assumed a double-take “oh shit!” facial expression. In case you missed this brilliant moment featured on last night’s … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged | Comments Off

Oh, yeah, and the US isn’t helping in Darfur

Courtesy of Human Rights Watch: Twelve of the Security Council’s 15 members are on record in support of referring Darfur to the International Criminal Court (ICC) as part of a Sudan resolution that is currently under negotiation. However, the Bush … Continue reading

Posted in Darfur | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Over 500 raped…did you know?

How many people know about Brad and Jen’s fairytale romance going busto? How many people are aware that Michael Jackson is on trial? Probably not as many people that know that over 500 women have been systematically raped in Darfur … Continue reading

Posted in International Relations | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Bush authorized torture, but no-one cares?

I suffered through roughly four hours of morning punditry yesterday and heard NOT ONE MENTION of the New York Times story which revealed the existence of a classified Presidential Directive authorizing torture rendition. The impact of this story is enormous. … Continue reading

Posted in Torture | Tagged , | Comments Off

Bush's Social Security Mobius Loop

Via Eschaton.

Posted in Social Security | Tagged , | Comments Off

Investigate the shooting of Sgrena

Reporters Without Borders (RSF) has asked the UN to launch an investigation into the US shooting of Guiliana Sgrena, the Italian journalist. Here’s the story. US troops have killed a lot of innocent people in Iraq. But most of them … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

We shoot reporters, don’t we?

Why did US troops shoot at Giuliana Sgrena, the Italian journalist? According to Sgrena herself, she was warned by her Iraqi captors, “to be careful because the Americans don’t want you to return.” The shooters only wounded Sgrena, but killed … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged | Comments Off

And justice for all…

Is it 2008 yet? Please say ‘yes’. WASHINGTON, March 5 – The Bush administration’s secret program to transfer suspected terrorists to foreign countries for interrogation has been carried out by the Central Intelligence Agency under broad authority that has allowed … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off