Monthly Archives: August 2005

The Hurricane President

Via Kos, this was President Bush yesterday while New Orleans was being overtaken by the Gulf of Mexico. A snarky caption isn’t needed. Proof I’m not making this up here.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Hurricane Katrina

Red Cross Salvation Army Pets and animal rescue

Posted in Environment | Tagged | Comments Off

64% of America believes in… Creationism?

Human origins poll data from Harris: Which of the following do you believe about how human beings came to be? Evolved from earlier species. 22% Created directly by God. 64% Intelligent Design. 10% Oy.

Posted in Religion | Tagged , | Comments Off

9 states are pro-life-on-earth — let’s get the other 41 on board!

From CNN: The United States is the world’s largest emitter of carbon dioxide. The Bush administration wants [emissions] cuts to be voluntary and resists mandatory measures it says would hurt economic growth. You know what will REALLY hurt economic growth? … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

The anti-troop, pro-boating Bush!

You know, we all support the troops in different ways. Some send them money to buy night-vision goggles. Some stage vigils to ask Bush why they’re in Iraq. And some, well, some support them by going pontoon boating in Idaho. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Anti-Christians

Pat Robertson announced to millions of 700 Club viewers that he thinks Hugo Chavez, the democratically elected president of Venezuala should be murdered. George W. Bush says things like “Bin Laden — dead or alive,” and “Bring ‘em on.” His … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Comments Off

Pat Robertson admits crush on Hugo Chavez

So Pat Robertson wants to clear things up. See, he didn’t really mean he wanted to MURDER Venezualan President Hugo Chavez. No! Where would we get that idea?! The billionaire Anti-Christian cleared things up for CNN: “I didn’t say ‘assassination.’ … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , | Comments Off

Why does this vet hate America?

Bill Moyer, 73, wears a “Bullshit Protector” flap over his ear while President George W. Bush addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars. (AP Photo/Douglas C. Pizac)

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Here's another one…

The face of a man discussing the war in Iraq: It’s all so fucking funny, isn’t it? If I made a decision to send thousands of people to their deaths, I’d smile like this while talking about it. Wouldn’t you? … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Now choke yourself!

“You had best unfuck yourself Private Pyle or I will unscrew your head and shit down your NECK!” (R. Lee Ermy shakes hands with President Bush yesterday at the VFW convention. Photo courtesy of the AP.)

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

This is the one. This is the face that bugs me.

Photo from the AP today. Does this look like the face of someone who’s talking about death, war, and religious tension in Iraq? This expression reminds me of a 13-year-old girl who has to answer a question out loud in … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Wow! That's a lot of blue!

I mean, that’s a shitload of blue. Blue, blue, blue. It’s like a sea of blue. Then there’s that little sliver of red. Poor, poor tiny red. Then again, I’m seeing, like, from there to there — all blue. (Lest … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Comments Off

That's it. Bush is drunk or stoned or both.

More from Bubble Boy today: In other words, democracy is unfolding. And the reason why that’s important is, is that we’ve had a — we had a policy that just said, let the dictator stay there, don’t worry about it. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

He doesn't "understand" anything

President Bush today regarding Cindy Sheehan: “I understand her anguish.” Whoa! What? Jenna and Barbara were killed in a globally unpopular war built on lies, imperialism, hubris, greed, mistakes, and more lies? When did that happen?

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Mission accomplished: civil war and theocracy

Why are our best and bravest fighting and dying? For Iraqi civil war and an Islamic theocracy. Reuters: BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq’s tentative efforts at consensus politics were pushed to breaking point when the Shi’ite majority forced a draft constitution … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged | Comments Off

Oops. Sorry, world.

Bush is polling at 36%. Bush received 51% of the vote. The difference: 15%. Damn you, 15% of America! Sure — now you’re getting it. We tried to tell you! We tried to reason with you! There was a hugely … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Run, Chickenhawk, run!

From Reuters: President Bush, trying to counter the message of anti-war vigils outside his ranch and growing public discontent with Iraq, leaves Texas on Monday for the first of two speeches on the war and the September 11 attacks, but … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Yo Bushie! 36 percent!

From the American Research Group: Among all Americans, 36% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 58% disapprove. When it comes to Bush’s handling of the economy, 33% approve and 62% disapprove. Watch the Congressional … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Man of the people

Did you know that Bush’s Crawford estate is 1,600 acres? On Saturday, Bush rode bikes with Lance Armstrong (story here). For 17 miles. They never left the grounds of Bush’s property.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Hannity finally sides with Cindy Sheehan

“Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life.” Sean Hannity Of course, that was from 1999 when President Clinton committed troops … Continue reading

Posted in Pundit Watchdog | Tagged , , | Comments Off