Monthly Archives: September 2005

Some comedy on a Friday

After a month of insanity, it’s time for a little fun. Shining. This made me laugh the laugh of all laughs.

Posted in The RBN Philosophy | Comments Off

You son of a bitch

Arnold vetoed the California gay marriage bill again confirming the inconsistent: gay marriage is bad, while steroid-abusing womanizer marriage is fine and dandy. Story here.

Posted in Civil liberties | Tagged , | Comments Off

Philadelphia Inquirer: Scooter leaked to Miller

The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting tonight that Dick Cheney’s chief of staff Scooter Libby is the person who leaked the identity of Valerie Plame to Judith Miller. Breaking news here. Corruption in the office of the vice president? Shocking!

Posted in White House | Tagged | Comments Off

When will the FCC fine Bennett?

John Conyers is calling for the suspension of Bill Bennett as the result of — what did he say? Oh yeah. He said that if you were to abort all black babies, the crime rate would go down. Staggering that … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Comments Off

Abu Ghraib photos to be released

How much more tragic can this war become? Stand by and we’ll see all of it. Full story from Editor & Publisher.

Posted in Torture | Comments Off

Bill Bennett, Author of 'The Moral Compass'…

On his radio show today, via Media Matters: But I do know that it’s true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could — if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, … Continue reading

Posted in Pundit Watchdog | Tagged | Comments Off

We will call him… 'Mini-DeLay'

BeyondDeLay.org introduces us to the man who will replace Tom DeLay as Majority Leader, Representative Roy Blunt (R-MO): You got your nepotism, your Big Tobacco, your questionable ethics, and your “moral values” divorce: In 2003, Rep. Blunt divorced his wife … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Just how partisan is Ronnie Earle? Hardly.

Compiled by Think Progress: EARLE HAS PROSECUTED FOUR TIMES AS MANY DEMOCRATS AS REPUBLICANS: “Over Earle’s 27-year tenure, his Public Integrity Unit has prosecuted 15 elected officials, including 12 Democrats.” [Los Angeles Times, 5/15/05] EARLE PROSECUTED DEMOCRATS AT THE HIGHEST … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

DeLay charged, will step down as House leader

The AP: A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader. DeLay attorney Steve Brittain … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Brownie does a heck of a job of…

…possibly perjuring himself. Think Progress might have the smoking gun here.

Posted in Katrina | Comments Off

Indictment of Tom DeLay today?

The Grand Jury might finish their proceedings today which could result in an indictment being handed down on House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. The AP: House GOP rules require any member of the elected leadership to step down temporarily if … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged | Comments Off

The press admits to giving Bush a pass

Since Katrina, many in the press have begun to admit that after 9/11 they gave the Bush administration a lot of latitude and failed to challenge the White House on many issues. Though I’m pleased they’re finally admitting it, I’m … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Congratulations to John Christian Plummer!

It’s a boy! All our best to John, Maia, Charlie and the new member of their family!

Posted in The RBN Philosophy | Comments Off

Arianna nails Frist with the question of the day

The question on everyone’s mind, perfectly asked by Arianna Huffington: So, if owning HCA stock wasn’t a conflict of interest when it was trading at $24, $27, $40, and $41 a share, why did it suddenly become a problem at … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Comments Off

Hate Mail of the Month, Year, and Decade

Sent from an anonymous e-mail address with no name attached other than the ominous signature: “the one who warned you”. Brave of him/her. How can you be such an ignorant shithead? HUH?….you dont have an fucking idea of what the … Continue reading

Posted in Civil liberties | Comments Off

Cheney’s Blogcast: “I Feel Awesome!”

Download file (Written and recorded by Marc Evan Jackson)

Posted in Cheney's Blogcast | Tagged , | Comments Off

Breaking News: Cindy Sheehan arrested

From the LA Times: Cindy Sheehan, whose protest camp outside President Bush’s vacation home in Texas became a focal point of the antiwar movement this summer, was arrested today outside the White House at the head of a civil disobedience … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

100,000 or 500

Cindy Sheehan was arrested today, joining the proud ranks of incarcerated non-violent civil protestors like Rosa Parks, M.K. Gandhi and Dr. King. She’s in great company. Oh, I just thought of another non-violent civil protestor who was arrested for his … Continue reading

Posted in Religion | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Paul's 'opinion' versus Paul's 'word of God'

Graduated up from the comments are some insightful thoughts from commenter “Sojourner Wolf”. -Bob Unbeknownst to many sitting in the pews on Sunday are some things that are taught in seminary (yes, I have a Masters of Divinity degree from … Continue reading

Posted in Civil liberties | Comments Off

Constitutional ban on 'reviler marriage', too?

In response to John’s Idiot Nation and my Bigotry In The Name of Jesus H. Christ, one of the most oft quoted New Testament passages which we’ve received has been: 1 Corithians 6:9-10: “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall … Continue reading

Posted in Civil liberties | Tagged | Comments Off