Monthly Archives: November 2005

O'Reilly wages war on Christmas

O’Splotchy has been beating his annual War on Christmas drum lately, calling for his cult followers to boycott department stores which replace the word “Christmas” with the word “holiday” on displays and advertising, etc. Courtesy of Crooks & Liars, it … Continue reading

Posted in Pundit Watchdog | Tagged , | Comments Off

Tax the shit out of Dobson!

Washington, DC – Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) today filed an Internal Revenue Services (IRS) complaint against Focus on the Family, a conservative, non-profit organization led by its Founder and Chairman James C. Dobson. The complaint asks … Continue reading

Posted in Religion | Comments Off

Taxing hybrids: the DOY! proposal of the month

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has proposed a vehicle tax on hybrid cars in order to make up for the fact that hybrid drivers pay less in gas taxes. The reason? The Highway Trust Fund is facing insolvency — especially … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged | Comments Off

Yo Bushie! FNC says 28 percent!

Fox News just reported that in their latest poll, Bushie’s approval rating has dropped to 28 percent. No online links yet, but then again — this is Fox News. At this stage in Nixon’s second term, he polled at 27%. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Greatest Ex-President

Jimmy Carter. This is a brilliant, brilliant man. Watch and listen to his appearance on the Tonight Show this week. There aren’t enough positive adjectives to describe him.

Posted in Democratic Party | Comments Off

Look at all that blue!

Survey USA poll data mapped via dKos:

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Basted in blood…

SNL did an Update sketch a while back called “Basted in Blood” about the slaughter of turkeys on Thanksgiving. I happen to be one of those moonbat vegetarians who doesn’t eat the musculature of animals. So indulge me as I … Continue reading

Posted in Animal Rights | Comments Off

Take the hint, Bushie…

The AP: CAIRO, Egypt (AP) – Leaders of Iraq’s sharply divided Shiites, Kurds and Sunnis called Monday for a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S.-led forces in the country and said Iraq’s opposition had a “legitimate right” of resistance. The … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Best Rob Corddry Segment Ever

The Daily Show aired this segment several weeks ago and I’m only now getting around to posting it. Absolutely one of my favorite Corddry segments of all time. You Paid for It — With Your Money — That You Earned!

Posted in The Media | Tagged | Comments Off

Some Tuesday Letterman

“President Bush, is on his Asian tour now. He’ll visit Japan, China, South Korea, Mongolia. Once again, he’s skipping Vietnam.” David Letterman

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

The DOY! heard 'round the world

Indulge me.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Pentagon Confirms: WP is Chemical Weapon

Think Progress has the scoop. A formerly classified 1995 Pentagon intelligence document titled “Possible Use of Phosphorous Chemical” describes the use of white phosphorus by Saddam Hussein on Kurdish fighters: “IRAQ HAS POSSIBLY EMPLOYED PHOSPHOROUS CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST THE KURDISH … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Off his game? What game?

Reuters: BEIJING (Nov. 20) – Irked by a reporter who told him he seemed to be “off his game” at a Beijing public appearance, President George W. Bush sought to make a hasty exit from a news conference but was … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Schmidt for Brains

Congresswoman Jean Schmidt is hands-down the chickenhawk of the year. And yes, this is the first of many “of the year” mentions as we close in on the end of the year. Firedoglake: Jean Schmidt, who defeated Iraq war veteran … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Right Brothers

So a link to the website of a right-wing country duo called “The Right Brothers” has been making its rounds throughout the blogosphere. How does one describe the “Brothers”? Try this: they make Toby Keith sound reasonable and rational. In … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Liberating the Iraqis — by Burning Them Alive

It turns out that the Italian documentary was correct. Our military used white phosphorus to burn people alive in Fallujah. The BBC: US troops used white phosphorus as a weapon in last year’s offensive in the Iraqi city of Falluja, … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

A Veterans Day letter to the President

From the diaries at dKos: Dear George. I am a Vietnam-era graduate of the US Naval Academy. I served in the Navy for nine years, three of them working with airborne Marines and the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg. And … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Is Bush accepting cash in exchange for meetings?

The NY Times via Huff Po today: The lobbyist Jack Abramoff asked for $9 million in 2003 from the president of a West African nation to arrange a meeting with President Bush and directed his fees to a Maryland company … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Ummm-doy! President

The NY Times: At one point, da Silva even exhibited a map of his country, which is larger than the continental United States. “Wow! Brazil is big,” Amorim quoted the U.S. president as responding. Yep, Mr. President, Brazil is big. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Comments Off

Bush: "We Do Not Torture." (wink, wink)

Bush in Panama City today: “There’s an enemy that lurks and plots and plans and wants to hurt America again,” Bush said. “So you bet we will aggressively pursue them but we will do so under the law.” He declared, … Continue reading

Posted in Torture | Tagged , | Comments Off