Monthly Archives: December 2005

Yo Bushie! Happy Bad News Year!

Digby: I know this will come as a great disappointment to Republicans who have taken to saying that the NSA spy scandal boosted Bush’s approval ratings ten points, but the new CNN/USA Today poll has his job approval rating at … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Bush drinking again

I dare you not to laugh at this clip from the Craig Ferguson show. Here.

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Voice of Reality 2005: Keith Olbermann

For being the only cable news reporter to cover what’s truly important and to do so with a depth which is in short supply elsewhere on televison. For being the only reporter to cover the irregularities of the 2004 election; … Continue reading

Posted in The RBN Philosophy | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Assholes Say the Darndest Things

Media Matters has compiled their list of the most outrageous statements of the year (in the media): Former Reagan administration Secretary of Education Bill Bennett: “[Y]ou could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off

Allawi breaks out his tin foil hat

Funny how when a Bush ally cries electoral fraud, he’s acting in the best interest of democracy. But when progressives here do it, we’re all loony and sour-grapes. Nevertheless, all hell is about to break loose in Iraq. The secular … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Meanwhile, results in the Iraq election

The SF Chronicle: Soon after Bush spoke of the Iraqi election as “a landmark day in the history of liberty,” early returns representing 90 percent of the ballots cast in the Iraq election established that the clear winners were Shiite … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Bamford nails Bush apologists on CSPAN

There’s one man outside of the NSA who knows more about the agency than a lot of people inside of it. James Bamford, author of The Puzzle Palace and Pretext for War. Watch him calmly and plainly summarize Bush’s illegal … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Say it with me: ILLEGAL!

It’s always with a sense of aggravation that I routinely watch cable news. The lack of the use of the word ILLEGAL in the context of “illegal wiretapping” is staggering. I’ve seen “wiretap flap” on CNN; “spies like U.S.” on … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

More debunking of Drudge's propaganda

Think Progress. Again, I ask you… Does the president have to eat a baby for his cult worshippers to see the light?

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

How merry will Tom DeLay’s Christmas be?

It’s all falling apart, and so, so quickly. Jack Abramoff, the ex-crappy movie producer and sleazeballiest lobbyist on K Street, is ready to roll on his “betters,” members of Congress like Tom DeLay and Bob Ney and Conrad Burns. The … Continue reading

Posted in Congress | Tagged , | Comments Off

Bush cultists dust off the old, "So did Clinton!"

Drudge and the right-wing blogs are wheeling out their latest ridiculous, weak, and pathetic attempt to dispell the very real fact that Bush is behaving like a dictator. Their argument according to Drudge: Bill Clinton Signed Executive Order that allowed … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

King George: A "uniter" at long last…

Who would’ve thunk it… Bush had the capacity to be a uniter after all. BRUCE FEIN, constitutional scholar and former deputy attorney general in the Reagan Administration: I think the answer requires at least in part considering what the occupant … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

'Don't fuck with your own people.'

“It’s drilled into you from minute one that you should not ever, ever, ever, under any fucking circumstances turn this massive apparatus [the NSA] on an American citizen,” one source says. “You do a lot of weird shit. But at … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Comments Off

Pants on fire!

Bush on April 20, 2004: Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires — a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Suddenly speedy

The unelected-president at the press conference yesterday: BUSH: We used the process to monitor. But also, this is a different era, different war. It’s a war where people are changing phone numbers and phone calls, and they’re moving quick. And … Continue reading

Posted in Civil liberties | Tagged | Comments Off

Recipe for victory: run against Bush

You may not have noticed that Bolivia has a new president. See, the mainstream media has spent so much ink covering the same old “freedom marching all over Iraq” speech from our fake president whose never been truly elected that … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Jon Alter: Bush was scared!

Read Jonathan Alter. I learned this week that on December 6, Bush summoned Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger and executive editor Bill Keller to the Oval Office in a futile attempt to talk them out of running the story. The Times … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Why the frig hasn't he been arrested yet?

Cindy Sheehan was arrested and hauled away the instant she stepped onto a forbidden sidewalk near the White House. A friend of mine was arrested, jailed, and lost his driver’s license in New Jersey. For having a marijuana roach in … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Five years in prison

The law via Atrios: * FISA makes it a crime, punishable by up to five years in prison, to conduct electronic surveillance except as provided for by statute. The only defense is for law government agents engaged in official duties … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Just so long as I'm the dictator

This is the crossroads moment for America. Clearly the Bush Regime and their Congressional allies have disregarded the Constitution in so many ways — and around half of America (on average) has gone along with it like the cult followers … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off