Monthly Archives: January 2006

Live blogging the State of the Union

I’ll be live blogging the “shiny, happy, upbeat” SOTU tonight at the Huffington Post. Bring the booing, Democrats!

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

VIDEO: State of the Union Production Diary

Plummer and I wrote this short film for the Huffington Post. If you’re familiar with the KING KONG production diaries or the featurettes found on DVDs, you’ll get it. Enjoy! Watch here.

Posted in George W. Bush | Comments Off

They are so doomed

So the White House claims they circumvented the FISA law because it didn’t allow them to do what they wanted, but when a law was proposed to relax FISA restrictions, the Bush administration opposed the law. The Washington Post. The … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

CNN's Miles O'Brien misinforms on NSA spying

Oh, CNN. What’s wrong with you? You’re hiring Glenn Beck and Bill Bennett, and your anchors are stupids. Miles O’Brien: “Most people favor the president’s domestic spying program.” American Morning, 01/25/06 Duh what? Most people? 51 percent DON’T want it, … Continue reading

Posted in Civil liberties | Comments Off

Yo Bushie! 36 percent!

ARG has the bad news, Bushie. That’s right — the polling company is called “ARRRGGG!”

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Pro… something?

Bush in a recorded message played during yesterday’s fetus festa: You believe, as I do, that every human life has value, that the strong have a duty to protect the weak, and that the self-evident truths of the Declaration of … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Anticipating the breach of the levees

Via Kos: “I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.” — President Bush, September 1, 2005 WASHINGTON– The Homeland Security Department was warned a day before Hurricane Katrina hit that the storm’s surge could breach levees and leave … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Some Bush 'mmm-doy' highlights from today

Today’s town hall meeting in Loudon County, Virginia: Q Good morning, Mr. President, thank you for being here. My son is one of those young men, at 18 years old almost — I hope I don’t cry, but I — … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Eff Imus, and eff Tweety

This is — my God this is wrong. Via Atrios: CHRIS MATTHEWS: Have you gone to see [Brokeback Mountain] yet? I’ve seen everything else but that. I just— DON IMUS: No, I haven’t seen it. Why would I want to … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Shut up about Nagin and Clinton

Really now — how important is this story considering everything else going on right now? CNN, which is rapidly becoming Fox Lite, had a lower-third banner on this morning which read “Chocolate-Gate”. Uh-huh. Just so you know, CNN is hiring … Continue reading

Posted in Cable News Watchdog | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Bush-Franklin Debate

Bill in Portland Maine on Daily Kos: The Great Franklin-Bush debate…in 6 rounds: Bush: America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Mr. President

Can I say it or will I jinx us all? Ah, what the hell: GORE FOR AMERICA! Speech highlights here. It’s mandatory viewing.

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Doofus

President King Idiot today: “It seems fitting on Martin Luther King Day that I come and look at the Emancipation Proclamation in its original form. [Seems fitting?] Abraham Lincoln recognized that all men are created equal. [That’s all men, Bushie. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged | Comments Off

Americablog buys Gen. Clark's cell calls for $89

I… There aren’t words. Read.

Posted in Civil liberties | Comments Off

No Dems on MSNBC during Alito hearing coverage

Media Matters has the pathetic news. Write to MSNBC here: viewerservices@msnbc.com Then on Hardball (minus Tweety tonight) I caugh back-to-back Republican assholes. First Mehlman then Schlaffly clone Kate O’Beirne.

Posted in Cable News Watchdog | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Dean debunks "Dems took Abramoff money" myth

Howard Dean wiped the floor with Wolf Blitzer yesterday. Watch.

Posted in Cable News Watchdog | Comments Off

Another reason why Peter Jackson rules

He’s helping to save the African mountain gorilla from extinction. Full story. There are only 706 mountain gorillas left in the wild — and now the Ebola virus might be spreading into its population. Contribute to the UN’s GRASP organization … Continue reading

Posted in Animal Rights | Comments Off

Frank Rich on Bush's illegal wiretapping

Must read Rich: ALMOST two weeks before The New York Times published its scoop about our government’s extralegal wiretapping, the cable network Showtime blew the whole top-secret shebang. In its mini-series “Sleeper Cell,” about Islamic fundamentalist terrorists in Los Angeles, … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

AP wire tap poll gets the language right

So the first wire tap poll out of the gate neglected to mention the “warrantless” or “without court approval” part. The obvious result? 64 percent of Americans support it. But the issue here has never been the wire taps themselves. … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , | Comments Off

Tweety sounds like he's on the GOP payroll

Chris Matthews via Atrios. Note the obvious pattern: Suddenly, the man who handed out campaign cash like Johnny Appleseed is watching those ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR gifts being sent back to charity like Christmastime fruitcake. Even HILLARY CLINTON’S got some hot … Continue reading

Posted in Pundit Watchdog | Tagged , | Comments Off