Monthly Archives: November 2007

Brought To You By… Irony

A commercial just aired during Meet The Press featuring a montage of natural disaster clips. The very last clip showed a city street flooded with water — and a Hummer cruising through the water. The tag logo? HOPE: HUMMER OWNERS … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Comments Off

Not A Success

Part One: With American military successes outpacing political gains in Iraq, the Bush administration has lowered its expectation of quickly achieving major steps toward unifying the country, including passage of a long-stymied plan to share oil revenues and holding regional … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

Watch Your Step, People

The Democrats on Iraq: As violence declines in Baghdad, the leading Democratic presidential candidates are undertaking a new and challenging balancing act on Iraq: acknowledging that success, trying to shift the focus to the lack of political progress there […] … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

G'Day Mr. Rudd

I like this guy already: The day after sweeping to power in general elections, Rudd went straight into work mode, holding meetings with government officials about the mechanics of signing the Kyoto Protocol on cutting greenhouse gas emissions. The president … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Comments Off

Rudy Is Trying To Cheat

That crazy California scheme to split up the electoral votes so Republican candidates could steal them? Rudy’s people were behind it.

Posted in Elections | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Bill Hicks in Montreal, 1994.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Comments Off

Awwww. What A Shame.

You mean — no-one likes Tucker? Rumors have been flying recently that Tucker Carlson could soon be on the way out at MSNBC. In a report that aired this morning on NPR, Phil Griffin, a senior vice president at the … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

“I don’t know how a man decides what’s right for his own life. It’s all a mystery.”

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Comments Off

Surge-ery!

At least 13 people were killed and more than 50 wounded by a bomb at a crowded pet market in central Baghdad today, the deadliest attack in the capital for weeks. The explosion left headless bodies, dead birds and shattered … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged | Comments Off

Fred And McCain

Google Ads for Fred Thompson and Senator McCain are popping up here. It goes without saying that I have nothing to do with those.

Posted in Site Note | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Pariah dogs and wandering mad men — barking at strangers and speaking in tongues.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Comments Off

Thanksgiving Morning Awesome

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted in Site Note | Tagged | Comments Off

Musharraf Is Mushawesome!

Add this to the list: GIBSON: Is there a line he cannot cross in your mind? Something that would go too far, when you might say to yourself, okay, that’s enough? BUSH: He hasn’t crossed the line. As a matter … Continue reading

Posted in International Relations | Tagged , | Comments Off

Sucking It Down Like Water

I hate being right about this shit. The AP: Americans packed up and headed to airports and train stations hours ahead of time Wednesday to get a jump on what was predicted to be the largest Thanksgiving pilgrimage ever — … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Comments Off

America In One Minute

Wal-Mart on Black Friday two years ago. If I had to choose 60 seconds of videotape that embodied the death rattle of American greatness, this might be the one. It’s both disgraceful and depressing.

Posted in Consumer Nation | Tagged | Comments Off

Poison Friday At Wal-Mart

The day after tomorrow will be excellent for both shopping bargains and lead poisoning. Be patriotic, America, and buy lots of tainted Chinese shit. Another research group, the Center for Environmental Health (CEH), on Tuesday unveiled a list of several … Continue reading

Posted in Consumer Nation | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Supplanting The Troops

We’re paying Blackwater employees six-figure salaries and the president is cutting taxes in wartime, so the cash has to come from somewhere. Tough titties: The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Comments Off

Malkin Is So Awesome And You're A Dick

Malkin says Chavez is totally a fuckwit, but she doesn’t mind buying his gasohol. Also, I think it says a lot that Malkin is beginning to channel the photo-scribblings of gossip blogger Perez Hilton. You know, because wingnut bloggers are … Continue reading

Posted in Michelle Malkin | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Actual Retail Price Is…

$99 per barrel. Place your bets on the following: 1) Will it be a record-breaking travel holiday this week? 2) Will oil break $100 today? My money is on yes and yes.

Posted in Environment | Comments Off

I Agree With Huckabee

I can’t believe I wrote that headline, but in this case, it’s mostly true. Regarding the McClellan allegations: “It’s stunning. It’s one of those moments where I’m glad to not be a Washington insider…they are serious allegations but we don’t … Continue reading

Posted in White House | Comments Off