Monthly Archives: January 2008

The Clinton-Lieberman Censorship Crusade

When I compared the present situation to Lamont vs. Lieberman, I entirely forgot about Senator Clinton’s awesome partnership with Joe Lieberman on attempting to censor and even ban outright certain video games. Since Tipper Gore’s PMRC efforts in the ’80s … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

The Big Debate

10:16PM Here’s a post by Jane Hamsher from December on the Clinton-Lieberman partnership to censor video games. 9:57PM If you’re disgusted by censorship and if you dig video games, read this and this. Note who Senator Clinton is working with … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Republicans Aren't Funny

…and their political gag gifts are even less funny, if that was even possible. Remember the Bill Clinton Watch that — HAR-HAR! — ran backwards? BOING! ZING! Well if you thought that was a knee-slapping gift for that stunted, infant … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

An Awesome Thing I Learned Today

“You’re not the boss of me! You’re not the king of Dirk!” is a valid response to a well-intentioned call to action.

Posted in Site Note | Tagged | Comments Off

Si Se Puede

Maybe the polls are all screwy like usual, but a net 16 point gain in 11 days? National Gallup Poll – January 20, 2008 Clinton 48% Obama 28% National Gallup Poll – January 31, 2008 Clinton 43% Obama 39% And … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

Roy Sekoff On Senator Clinton's Florida Win*

Huffington Post Founding Editor Roy Sekoff spells out the precise reason for Senator Clinton’s victory* in Florida. I’m not sure what Abrams’ problem is in this clip, but he appears to be pissing himself over the media treating the race … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

Run Away! Run Away!

So. Brave Sir Rudy ran away and endorsed Saint McCain. Josh: …his whole race was defined by running away from fights. We’ve talked a lot about his alleged ‘strategy’ of ignoring the early races and focusing all his energy on … Continue reading

Posted in Rudy Giuliani | Tagged , | Comments Off

Markos On The National Obama Ad

In my new Huffington item, I rip the Clintons for campaigning in Florida and, naturally, the pro-Clinton commenters have been retaliating by noting some such Obama national TV ad buy which apparently ran in Florida. As if on cue, Markos, … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Bloggers Must Choose, Too

I was thinking… It’s also time for the major bloggers to get behind one of the remaining candidates. I know the unspoken strategy has been to avoid pissing off a reader-base which may have taken many years to build, but … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Quote Quiz: Thom Hartmann or Jim Cramer?

Quote Quiz. Who made the following statement? Thom Hartmann or Jim Cramer? “Ever since the (President) Reagan era, our nation has been regressing and repealing years and years worth of safety net and equal economic justice in the name of … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged | Comments Off

Choo-Choo Choose!

Aravosis has a good point. Time to choose, people. Senator Clinton or Senator Obama. If you’re on the fence, please read my post below regarding Senator Clinton’s campaign tactics. Do we want a new paradigm or more of the same … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Edwards Drops Out

He’ll announce this afternoon from New Orleans.

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

The best scene from Extras.

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Senator Clinton Wins Nothing

Senator Clinton campaigned in Florida but told Keith Olbermann that she complied with the Democratic pledge to stay out. She’s run a very dishonest campaign so far, parsing words and sending out her ex-president husband to act as an unofficial … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Giuliani Loses

Senator McCain won Florida. Senator Clinton pretended she won something important. But what’s truly awesome is that we won’t have a President Giuliani. He hasn’t dropped out yet, but it’s only a matter of time. McCain and Romney aren’t prizes, … Continue reading

Posted in Rudy Giuliani | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Bubble Boy

BUSH: I knew what I was getting in to and so I’m not frustrated in that sense. I can remember telling people that “well, when I decided to run that if I want, I’d never be able to go buy … Continue reading

Posted in White House | Tagged | Comments Off

Saint McCain

Has Senator McCain always been such a horrible speaker? Now that we have to take his campaign seriously, it’s occuring to me that: 1) his speeches are Mad Libs, 2) he routinely lies in debates, and 3) he can’t tell … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Attacks Since 9/11

Matthew Yglesias: “There has not been another attack on our soil since 9/11″ — anthrax! Anthrax! Oh well. For some reason that whole episode has been officially erased from the historical record or something. Anthrax. And the DC Snipers. They … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

“I… drink… your… milkshake! I drink it up!” Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off