Monthly Archives: February 2008

Super-Duper Rapid Response

Posted in Democratic Party | Comments Off

Senator Clinton: Fear Monger

Oh brother. This is ridiculous and awful. The only thing it’s missing are the goddamn wolves. Vote for Senator Clinton or else your kids won’t be safe. Utter horseshit. After seven years of this, does half of the party really … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Ratings Gold

Who would’ve guessed that a an MSNBC Democratic debate would be the second most watched show on television Tuesday night?

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged | Comments Off

Racist McCain Republicans

We need to repeat this headline over and over again. Because this is how the Republicans are going to run Senator McCain’s campaign: with race-baiting and outright intolerance — playing up the irrational fears of its toothless, inbred constituency in … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

The Tarleks, by Rheostatics Happy birthday to Frank Bonner, TV’s Herb Tarlek from one of the greatest sitcoms of all time: WKRP in Cincinnati.

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

New Huffington Post Item

Read it here if you wanna. I wrote a more detailed item about Tim Russert’s questions about Louis Farrakhan.

Posted in Huffington Post | Comments Off

The Debate

Okay, so just as we’ve witnessed this past decade, “fairness” doesn’t mean attacking “both sides” if only one side has a problem or scandal. In other words, if the Republicans are self-destructing in a fit of lobbyist cash and KY, … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

50 Years

President Bush: I believe 50 years from now, people will look back at this period of time, and say, thank God the United States of America did not lose its faith in the transformative power of liberty to bring the … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Bill Cunningham Channels Zell Miller

A wingnut named Bill Cunningham went batshit today, then Senator McCain (credit where credit is due) rightfully apologized later. The Huffington Post has it here. I originally had it posted in this entry, but CBS’s online video automatically plays whenever … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , | Comments Off

Sporadic Blogging

Sorry about the light blogging this week. I’m animating what’s called an “animatic” or “pre-visualization” for a new animated series we created for Sony called Farewell, Manga Squad. Just to give you a idea of the show, it combines 1) … Continue reading

Posted in Site Note | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Predictions! George Dubbie Dubya!

Yesterday: AP — President Bush predicted Monday that voters will replace him with a Republican president who will “keep up the fight” in Iraq. “I’m confident we’ll hold the White House in 2008,” Bush told donors at the Republican Governors … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

The Six (or More) Degrees of Clean Coal

Interesting story about the LearnAboutCoal.com website and their use of children in their propaganda here. Some time ago, I compiled a brief rundown of the relationship between the Republicans, “clean coal” and NBC News. Here it is again from March … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

The Clinton Statement

Here’s the statement from Maggie Williams (via TPM): Enough. If Barack Obama’s campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Politics of Losing Your Shit

YAAARRRR!

Posted in Democratic Party | Comments Off

Fear Mongering

The Clinton campaign has apparently circulated a photograph of Senator Obama dressed in the garb of a Somali Elder while visiting his ancestral nation of Kenya. And of course every toothless, mouth-breathing, Republi-tard like Congressman Kingston will be insisting this … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Comments Off

It's 2001-2002 All Over Again

Turning patriotism into a contest was awesome for about two minutes after 9/11. Why the goddamn hell are they following Congressman Kingston’s lead and doing it again? (In 2002, I directed a low-budget indie film about a patriotism contest. You … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Metaphor!

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off