Monthly Archives: May 2008

McCain? Seriously?

(h/t Jane)

Posted in Senator Hillary Clinton | Tagged | Comments Off

Assassination Dreams

Disgraceful. But Senator Clinton didn’t mean anything sinister with her RFK remarks.

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

2118

The DNC has reached a compromise to seat half of Michigan and Florida. 2118 is the magic number now and Senator Obama is 66 delegates away. Also — and I really, really hope I’m wrong — this gives Senator Clinton … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Stating the Obvious

Today’s blustery hooplah at the DNC wouldn’t be happening if Senator Clinton was winning. That kinda pisses me off.

Posted in Senator Hillary Clinton | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Counting Florida

Sam Stein: Two sources, including a high-ranking official with the Florida delegation, have confirmed that the DNC Rules and Bylaws Committee (RBC) reached an agreement last night and will seat the state’s entire delegation but give each delegate half a … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Oh Happy Day!

Paddy read my mind: Never in a bazillion years did I ever think I’d wake up one morning thinking, “Oooh, the Democratic Party Rules and By-laws committee is meeting today!!! Gotta get up now!” Yabba dabba do.

Posted in Democratic Party | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Mrs. Obama One Week Later

It’s been one week since Senator Clinton’s most infamous quote about RFK’s assassination. And Michelle Obama says: “Send us good vibes. Pray for us. Think positive thoughts. But most of all, be vigilant. Be vigilant about stopping this kind of … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Deliverance

(h/t Oliver Willis) Who will this guy vote for?

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Comments Off

Born On This Day…

…TRex! Happy birthday, you old so and so.

Posted in Site Note | Tagged , | Comments Off

Another Image For Our Daughters

Hillary Clinton took time out from her punishing campaign schedule to enjoy a glass of whiskey with a group of journalists. At least it wasn’t barbeque.

Posted in Senator Hillary Clinton | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

David Gregory Asking Tough Questions

But, but, but… MATTHEWS (reading McClellan’s text): “The ‘liberal media’ didn’t live up to its reputation. If it had, the country would have been better served.” David… GREGORY: I think he’s wrong. Uh, he makes the same kind of argument … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Awwwww

Just got this e-mail from the DNC: Unfortunately, your blog will not be credentialed at 2008 Democratic National Convention. Weird. I’m literally an elected member of the Democratic Party. But evidently there has been some controversy about the credentialling.

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

New Huffington Post Epic

Sorry for the light blogging today. I was busy writing this epic. Feel free to come back and comment here.

Posted in Huffington Post | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Stretch

David Gregory, who, in fairness, was one of the few White House reporters who routinely challenged McClellan, just said on Hardball: “I mean this notion that we were somehow easy on [McClellan] or on the run-up to the war, I … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

They're Not In A Big Truck, Either

Senator Ted “Series of Tubes” Stevens: Al Qaeda’s not just in Iraq. They’re in Iran. They’re in the Philippines. Sen Inouye and I went down to [indistinguishable]. They’re over in Indonesia. They’re all over. Al-Qaeda is Sunni, Senator. Iran is … Continue reading

Posted in Iran | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Worst Person In The World

“I’m very disappointed to hear that Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts is near death because of a brain tumor. I always hoped Senator Kennedy would live long enough to be assassinated.” –ESPN Talk Show Host Mark Madden ESPN fired this … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged | Comments Off

Afternoon Awesome

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off