Monthly Archives: July 2008

Wingnut Swag

Republicans might not be funny, but I think we can all agree that they know how to make some awesome products. Who can forget the Obama Monkey, the Hillary nutcracker and the Bill Clinton watch (it ran backwards! har-har!). Here … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

He's Not Even President Yet

MCCAIN: I believe that, when he said that we had to leave Iraq, and we had to be out by last March, and we had to have a date certain, that was in contravention to — and still is — … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Down The Tubes

Senator Ted Stevens has been indicted. The seven counts of making false statements were dumped on him like a big truck.

Posted in Republican Party | Comments Off

My Gut Tells Me…

…it’s not going to be Governor Kaine. Yet… Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine has told close associates that he has had “very serious” conversations with Sen. Barack Obama about joining the Democratic presidential ticket and has provided documents to the … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Smell the Barbecue!

LA Times via C&L: The Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University, where researchers have tracked network news content for two decades, found that ABC, NBC and CBS were tougher on Obama than on Republican John McCain … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Flying Too Close to the Sun

Morning Joe is ensconced in ‘presumptuous’ talk now with Mark Liebovich from the New York Times. This time, they’ve added the Icarus factor — “flying too close to the Sun.”

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

YYZ by Rush, performed by an 11-year-old girl. UPDATE: Totally forgot… Happy birthday to Geddy Lee!

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Pat Buchanan Just Now on Hardball

What are we supposed to think when Pat Buchanan asks about Senator Obama: “Is he one of us?” Somehow, they keep inviting him on.

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , | Comments Off

McBush And Skin Cancer

Senator McCain had another mole on his face scraped away. Yummy. Anyway, his advice was this: Stay out of the sun as much as possible. As an outdoorsy type, I’m constantly at odds about this. First, I thought the Sun … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , | Comments Off

He Could Still Lose This Thing

Oh crap. A new USA Today/Gallup poll gives John McCain the lead among likely voters — quite possibly the first poll in a long time to show this — and Obama only a narrow edge among the wider pool of … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

W.

Watch it quickly before it gets yanked.

Posted in George W. Bush | Comments Off

Awesome Thread

By request… An open thread for all of you thread-shaped people.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , | Comments Off

Where Are The Vigilantes?

The anti-terror wingnuts Malkin and Hot Air are totally silent on the Knoxville shooting. Probably because the shooter wasn’t brown enough. UPDATE: BlueTexan has more.

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , | Comments Off

Terrorism By Any Other Name

There’s a lot to say about the Knoxville shooting, but I’m still digesting the awfulness of it. What we know is that two people are dead — killed by a right-wing extremist who apparently wanted to kill liberals. Suffice to … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged | Comments Off

Heckuva Job, McBushie!

(AP) A senior Bush administration official said Monday the U.S. budget deficit for this year will set a record high approaching $490 billion. Somehow this will be President Clinton’s or Senator Obama’s fault before the end of the day.

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , | Comments Off

'Presumptuous'

The New York Times loves this word: But along the way to appearing presidential, did Senator Barack Obama cross a political line — as he and his advisers quietly feared, and some Republicans hoped — by coming across as too … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Nexus of Politics and Terror

Senator Obama rockets to a nine point lead in the Gallup daily tracking poll. So… Time to lean on the fear swtich! IEEEEEE! Government officials have been quietly stepping up counterterror efforts out of a growing concern that al Qaeda … Continue reading

Posted in One Nation Under Fear | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Aimee Mann – “Freeway”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Brokaw Wants Obama To Win

…Which is why he wasted Senator Obama’s time by reciting the collected works of David Brooks and Klingon Charles Krauthammer (all while sucking spit through his teeth between sentences). Of course we can assume that when Brokaw interviews Senator McCain, … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

Next Stop: Hoo-Sane

Josh Marshall: For all the seismic shifts that have taken place over the last two weeks, we need to recognize that McCain has now abandoned virtually everything he’s been campaigning on for the last year. There’s really no more eloquent … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off