Monthly Archives: October 2008

Drudge's 'Stolen Election' Narrative?

Drudge is screaming about a new and insanely wacky Zogby poll — again — showing McCain inexplicably leading 48-47. Don’t panic! It’s a ridiculously far-fetched outlier. Nate Silver debunks it here. But I’ve been trying to figure out Drudge’s fake … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Senate Pick-Ups

Posted by JumpyPants Right now we have 51 Senate seats (including Sanders and (gag, cough, hairball) Lieberman). For the filibuster-proof majority, we need ideally need 10 more (hairball, Lieberman), though 9 will do as venal Joe will do anything to … Continue reading

Posted in Congress | Tagged , , , , , , , | Comments Off

You Son of a Bitch

The whole “pump you up” schtick is just sad anymore, no? Arnold: “I want to invite Senator Obama because he needs to do something about those skinny legs. I’m going to make him do some squats. And then we’re going … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , | Comments Off

Halloween Open Thread

Open thread for documenting your Halloween festivities and/or cable news hackery. Adding… It’s a perfect night to order my book, One Nation Under Fear.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , | Comments Off

Your Soul Needs To Watch This

This made me smile the smile of all smiles.

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged | Comments Off

Louisiana?

Hmmm. Loyola University for WAFB News: McCain 43% Obama 40% Undecided 17% If Senator Obama wins Louisiana, I’ll eat a shoe.

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

She Doesn't Know, Does She

Sarah Palin, First Amendment Champion: “If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations, then I don’t know what the future of our country would be in terms … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Former Reagan Chief of Staff Ken Duberstein…

…endorsed Senator Obama just because Duberstein is black. Huh-what?! Duberstein is white? Then why is he endorsing Senator Obama? Rush Limbaugh said that when a Republican, like Colin Powell, endorses Senator Obama “it’s totally about race.” Limbaugh lied! That’s insane! … Continue reading

Posted in Totally About Race | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

This Is Funny…

…and a little creepy. So You Think You Can Dance h/t Sullivan

Posted in John McCain | Comments Off

Ten Grand for Obama – Panicky Update

Time is running out to meet our ‘Ten Grand for Obama’ fundraising goal of $10,000 by Election Day. We now have 3.5 days and $3,500 to go before our midnight Monday night deadline. That seems like a big hunk of … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

30 Days, 30 Reasons – Number 5

Number 5 – Fishing by Lee Stranahan (Forgot to post this yesterday. Sorry, Lee!)

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Comments Off

20.1 vs. 6.1

Posted by JumpyPants Building on Bob’s glee, below, over McCain having to campaign in his home state, I think it’s worthwhile to look for a second at the respective leads the candidates have in their home states (according to the … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Pollgasm

Gallup (new likely voters model): Obama 51%, McCain 43%. CBS/NYT: Obama 52%, McCain 41% I’m only speculating here, but it appears as if the TV special worked its magic.

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Afternoon Awesome

Posted in Afternoon Awesome | Tagged | Comments Off

Ah-hahaha!

I love it! Love it, love it, love it: The Daily Courier reports Sen. John McCain will be campaigning in his home state of Arizona on Monday, the day before Election Day. Ever since I heard about that first tight … Continue reading

Posted in John McCain | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Just Getting Warmed Up

Posted by JumpyPants I was chatting with a fellow Obama supporter yesterday, and he said to me, “A lot of times I think it’s just too late…the economy, the environment, everything.” “Okay,” I replied, “and then what?” We kibbitzed a … Continue reading

Posted in Senator Barack Obama | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Owned

Awesome: Appearing once again on The Daily Show, Bill Kristol, Jon Stewart’s favorite whipping boy (“Bill Kristol, aren’t you ever right?”), tonight defended the McCain-Palin ticket, at one point informing the show’s host that he was getting his news from … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

New Rule

From now on, undecided voters who are still undecided after both the conventions and the debates should no longer be labeled as “undecideds.” They should be labeled “contrarians.” Anyone who claims to not know what the candidates stand for, or … Continue reading

Posted in Elections | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Joe

Morning Joe is airing a video of Wee Willie hanging out at 80th and Broadway wearing a McCain t-shirt. Naturally, there aren’t many McCain fans on the upper west side of Manhattan. Mike Barnacle, after seeing the footage, went off … Continue reading

Posted in Morning Joe | Tagged , | Comments Off

Executive Experience – Part II

Following up on something I wrote last night, here are a few examples of Sarah Palin’s executive acumen: – More than 100 appointments to state posts — nearly 1 in 4 — went to campaign contributors or their relatives, sometimes … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , | Comments Off