Monthly Archives: February 2009

Rush Is Right

by Lee Stranahan My new HuffPost article – Why Limbaugh Is Right to Oppose Obama’s Economic Policies

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Clinging to Their Guns, Religion and Porn

Red staters love porn: According to a new Harvard Business School study, eight of the top ten states in terms of online porn consumption were ones where McCain won in the presidential election. From the study (pdf): Residents of 27 … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

The John Ziegler Meltdown

Max Blumenthal confronts John Ziegler at CPAC.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Saturday Night Thread

Open thread for your Saturday night blogotubing.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

Doof Quote of the Day

“The one real problem with Obama on national security is… he’s putting more troops into Afghanistan, which is insane. This has been the focus of the terrorists — they’re all streaming across into Iraq, where we can win.” —Ann Coulter … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Weekly YouTube Address

The budget. And here’s something to make you stand up and cheer: I know these steps won’t sit well with the special interests and lobbyists who are invested in the old way of doing business, and I know they’re gearing … Continue reading

Posted in YouTube Fireside Chat | Tagged | Comments Off

Pollgasm: Flirting With 70

The president’s approval rating is, once again, flirting with 70 percent. Wow. Lots of communists out there. (Source: Amato)

Posted in Poll | Tagged , | Comments Off

The End is Near

This is too disturbing to describe. Rachel very likely cut to the core of the wingnut attacks on the president. And it’s really, really disturbing. That said, the next 18 months should be extraordinarily fascinating — to observe which conservative … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

This Is 100 Percent Real

Well, I’m a liberal Democrat. And so that guy wants to tea bag me? (Source: TBogg)

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Wingnut Revolution Fail – Part 3

Here’s an excerpt from an after-action report from the Chicago Wingnut Revolution (Tea Party), attended by 400 revolutionaries (with permits): When we reached the Michigan Ave Bridge, a tea bag was broken open and dumped into the river to signify … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged | Comments Off

Bush Under the Bus

This is a good one. Now more than ever, conservatives are attempting to distance themselves from George W. Bush. Newt Gingrich, in his CPAC speech, blasted the Bush administration’s “big spending.” Of course Gingrich and the rest of the far-right … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Rick Santelli Nexus

This is a fascinating investigation by Mark Ames and Yasha Levine into the “spontaneousness” of Rick Santelli’s Star Wars Kid moment. It turns out that Santelli’s contract apparently runs out in a couple of months, and suddenly there are websites … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday! “Here Comes the Circus”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Prime Time Thread

Open thread for your Friday night blogotubing.

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

Wingnut Revolution Fail – Part 2

Malkin has posted a series of photos from the Wingnut Revolution in Washington, D.C. Not only are they requiring permits from the government in order to, you know, overthrow the government, but they also appear to be having some problems … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Wingnut Revolution Fail

Malkin is griping about how one of her “Tea Parties” in Cedar Rapids was stymied by state officials who prevented the wingnut revolutionaries from dumping tea into the Cedar River. Two questions: 1) Why tea? Is tea asking for help … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

The President’s Iraq Speech

I’m not in love with the idea of waiting until 2010. But wow, this speech has almost entirely talked me down. Absolutely one of his best.

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off

A Weekend Talking Point For You

A little something for when you’re confronted by the “but it’ll hurt small businesses” talking point: …the Tax Policy Center has estimated that a mere 2 percent of tax returns reporting small business income in 2007 earned enough income to … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged | Comments Off

Zero Cred

Jindal has admitted that the Katrina story from his speech the other night was fake. …a Jindal spokeswoman has admitted to Politico that in reality, Jindal overheard Lee talking about the episode to someone else by phone “days later.” The … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

August 31, 2010

The date when the combat mission in Iraq will end.

Posted in Iraq | Tagged , | Comments Off