Monthly Archives: June 2009

They're Poisoning Us

They appear to be narrowing down the potential causes of autism and other childhood disorders. Harvey Karp reports: One group of substances of particular concern is a ubiquitous family of hormone twisting compounds, known as endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). These … Continue reading

Posted in Corporate Crime | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Ted Rall Goes Batshit

Ted really loves his “Obama = Bush” beat, because he’s at it again. And he’s repeating far-right memes now. Mainly the one about how CIA Director Panetta said that he would be “reviewing” enhanced interrogation techniques despite the president’s torture … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , | Comments Off

It's Everyone

I think there still might be a misperception about the push for the public option — that it’s all about guys like me and Lee who, for various reasons, don’t have health insurance. This is about everyone. Even if you … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Franken Wins Supreme Court Ruling

TPM: The Minnesota Supreme Court has handed down its much-expected ruling in the heavily-litigated Minnesota Senate race from 2008 — and it’s a unanimous one — deciding against Republican former Sen. Norm Coleman’s appeal of his defeat in the election … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Thank You Very Much, Spineless Dems

For the usual spineless reasons, senators like John Kerry and others floated support for a trigger mechanism for the public option, which would basically crowbar a 10 year waiting period into the law before the public option would take effect. … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Bloodbath

Check out the descent into chaos in Iraq as American forces pull out of the cities there: Trumpets everywhere! Seriously, though, there will very likely be additional violence there, but we won’t be so much in the middle of it. … Continue reading

Posted in Iraq | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Meeting

About the Dylan Ratigan unit — the show title “Morning Meeting” is terrible. Do viewers really want to dial up a show with a title relating to a miserable workplace chore? Morning meetings suck, and I don’t know anyone who … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Guns N’ Roses – “You Could Me Mine” From Use Your Illusion II In honor of my brother Brian’s 36th birthday today (his favorite band). Happy birthday, Brian!

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Bullshit Racism of an Impotent Man

Rush Limbaugh: In Venezuela, we had a soul shake, or whatever — that black handshake he has that he had with Chavez. We had a soul shake. Alright, you know what he’s doing? He’s pushing closer and closer towards making … Continue reading

Posted in Rush Limbaugh | Tagged , | Comments Off

Health Insurance Monopolies

Literally. Josh Marshall: …the opposition to a so-called ‘public option’ comes almost entirely from insurance companies who have developed monopolies or near monopolies in particular geographic areas. And they don’t want competition. Note, I’m not saying more competition. I’m saying … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , | Comments Off

Headline of the Day

Sweet merciful crap: More than 200 people show up for bring-your-gun-to-church day. Which type of firearm do you suppose Jesus would’ve preferred?

Posted in Guns | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Bad News for Lizard People

Governor Pawlenty is just waiting for the go-ahead from the state Supreme Court to certify the election, making Al Franken the new senator from Minnesota. On CNN: I’m going to follow the direction of the court, John. We expect that … Continue reading

Posted in Election 2008 | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Spazzy White Guys Take Over

I’ve been watching Dylan Ratigan’s show sporadically and it occurred to me that the spazzy white guys who usually occupy CNBC have now officially and successfully invaded MSNBC. And this leads me to another point: white. Lots of white on … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , | Comments Off

Cut the Bipartisanship

Senate Republicans will never vote for a healthcare reform bill. Never. So putting this bipartisan stink all over the bill in the name of courting Republicans is a huge mistake. That just leaves the corrupt and spineless caucus of the … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Dial Early and Often

Dianne Feinstein, a member of the Coalition of the Corrupt and Spineless, doesn’t seem to care for the criticism she’s getting about the public option: “I do not think this is helpful. It doesn’t move me one whit,” she said. … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Phoenix – “1901″ From Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Source: Chez

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Nico Pitney Nails Milbank on CNN

Go Nico Pitney! Later, Milbank called Nico a dick. According to Nico: The only thing that surprised me was when Dana turned to me after our initial sparring and called me a “dick” in a whispered tone (the specific phrase … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

WTF?

This can’t possibly be real: Comics writer Mark Sable was detained and intensively questioned by the TSA for carrying a script for an upcoming comic book about a writer who is detained and intensively questioned by the TSA for writing … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Very Serious

Here’s MSNBC’s Kindly Old Grampy character telling viewers that the climate crisis is a hoax leading to a world government. The “liberal network” continues to host this crackpot for some reason. At what point does “completely fucking insane” trump the … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Why We Fight

One of the finest documentaries of the last 10 years is Why We Fight, which details the rise of the military-industrial establishment. Here’s an example of how the system has Congress by the nards: Lawmakers defy veto threat on F-22 … Continue reading

Posted in Congress | Tagged , , | Comments Off