Monthly Archives: August 2009

Communists Everywhere!

Once again, Glenn Beck goes full Joe McCarthy. Blowing his crazy whistle on alleged “communists” in the White House. To repeat: Everyone knows you never go full Joe McCarthy.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Loaves and The Public Option

Jamison Foser makes an excellent point about the public option fight in Congress: If people who want a public plan and won’t vote for a bill without it can be described as “preventing something getting done” by insisting on “all … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Coup d'Etat

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Wingnut Answer To Everything

Death. And more death.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Compromising on Life & Death

Without falling into the “Obama should do X” trap and at the risk of joining the cacophony of theories about the recent polls, I think it’s pretty clear why the president’s numbers are sagging. While Americans tend to say to … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , | Comments Off

Cheney and the 'No Attacks Mythology'

Here’s Dick Cheney on Fox News Sunday: I guess the other thing that offends the hell out of me, frankly, Chris, is we had a track record now of eight years of defending the nation against any further mass casualty … Continue reading

Posted in Torture | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

U2 – “The Wanderer” (Live) Originally recorded with Johnny Cash as the final track on Zooropa

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Begging Self-Destruction

Going back to what I wrote about Friday night, there’s this item from Glenn Greenwald calling for a purging of corporate centrists from the Democratic Party. Naturally Glenn includes the Obama administration in his rundown of villains. While Greenwald calls … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Keep Your Government Hands Off My Medicare

Ezra Klein: But taken as a whole, the attitudes seniors express on health care are arguably the greatest vote of confidence anyone has offered reform. Seniors live in America’s version of Canada. They have single-payer health care. And they love … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Please Don't Let Them Win This

Steve Benen wrote a quick and very razor sharp overview of the current status of the healthcare debate. In short: this is a fight we should easily be winning. The political numbers are winnable, the pain is real and the … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

U2 – “Lemon” From the very underrated Zooropa album

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Scene from Inside Glenn Beck's Brain

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you an exclusive view of the actual voices inside Glenn Beck’s bulbous head:

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Glenn Beck Hates Name-Calling

The Punch-Me Face has feelings, too. Whoops! I just called him a bad name. In other words: Mean bloggers are calling me names! WAH! Now let’s spend another hour making sarcastic googly eyes while calling the president a Nazi, communist, … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Ted Kennedy, Jr.'s Eulogy

This was perhaps the most moving eulogy of the day. Part 2 after the jump…

Posted in Congress | Tagged | Comments Off

Harry Reid Wants to Privatize the Public Option

A follow-up to a post from yesterday about Harry Reid’s position on the public option. Here’s this quote again: “But there are many ways we can do [the public option],” he said. “One would be to have an entity like … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “The Crawling Hand” (A random 10-minute clip)

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Space Between Influence and Self-Defeat

Something struck me while watching Bill Maher tonight. Not because of anything Maher, Moyers or Jay-Z said specifically. It was just a thought that occurred to me while watching. When Republicans are in power, liberals attack the Republicans with ferocity. … Continue reading

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Send Harry Reid Information About Low-T

This guy’s utter lack of testosterone is outstandingly aggravating. How much more of this can we endure? During a tele-townhall with constituents today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he supports a public option…but then he added an extremely important … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Wingnut Fish in a Wingnut Barrel

For those of us who just can’t get enough “wingnuts are dummies” stories, only a little more than half of all anti-reform wingnuts at a Ben Nelson town hall could accurately locate Iraq on a map of the Middle East: … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Renaming 'The Public Option'

I don’t know how to feel about this on-going gripe that the Democrats are bad at naming important legislative agenda items, while the Republicans appear to be excellent at it. For example: death panels, death tax, etc, while we’re coming … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , | Comments Off