Monthly Archives: September 2009

Worst Person

Rush Limbaugh. For this.

Posted in Rush Limbaugh | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The National Parks

I’ve been meaning to post about this since Sunday, but the new Ken Burns documentary series is just outstanding. Riveting stories, gorgeous cinematography, flawlessly edited. And there’s lots of old-timey silliness to make me laugh (photos of idiot Victorian people … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

How Many Republicans?

I want to know how many Republicans have partaken in the socialized medical services provided on the Hill. Formally called the Office of the Attending Physician, the clinic — and at least six satellite offices — bills its mission as … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Hypocrisy Shield

Republicans simply don’t care about looking stupid or hypocritical — even in the face of incontrovertible evidence. To wit. The hubbub over Rep. Grayson’s “die quickly” remark. The Republicans simply don’t care that they themselves have spent the last two … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Quote of the Day

“The big lecture buyers in the US are paralyzed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot.” —Lecture circuit expert on why Sarah Palin is having trouble being booked for speaking engagements And yet … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Fox News Fail

It’s one thing for their hosts to be unapologetic wingnut crazies, but the “very serious” Fox News reporters ought to check their facts before they open their yaps: Carl Cameron on Fox just said that today was the first time … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Pearl Jam – “Go” Our Pearl Jam week continues…

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Reminder for the Primary Ads

When we’re putting together primary challengers for Blanche Lincoln, Kent Conrad and Max Baucus, we absolutely can’t forget the commercials reminding voters in Montana, North Dakota and Arkansas that these three senators voted for wasting $85-$110 billion in taxpayer cash … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Wrap Your Head Around This One

Russ Feingold is convening hearings about the czars thing. Nope. I don’t get it either.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Here's Why Baucus Is Full of Crap

Senator Baucus voted against both the Rockefeller and the Schumer amendments because, he said, the public option doesn’t have the votes to pass the Senate. First, echoing Beutler, does he mean to suggest that he’s never voted for a bill … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Cowards

The Rockefeller public option amendment failed in the Finance Committee, 8-15. Here are the spineless and corrupt Democrats who voted ‘no’: Conrad Lincoln Ben Bill Nelson Carper Baucus Baucus, in his remarks, said that he was voting ‘no’ because there … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , | Comments Off

Malkin Blames Obama for Gang Attack

Malkin is predictably connecting President Obama with that horrible videotaped gang attack in Chicago. You know, because President Obama is from Chicago. Last weekend eight people were shot during various gang attacks in Houston, Texas. One innocent bystander was killed. … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Kent Conrad Doesn't Get It

From Brian Beutler’s coverage of the Finance Committee debate today: 11:55 a.m.: Conrad’s up. He calls his co-op model a “public interest” model, despite the fact that the CBO says his co-op plan would be a big bust. He’s also … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Credit Where Credit Is Due

I was initially very critical of the Dylan Ratigan Unit. But his work on healthcare reform lately has been pretty great. And this morning, he’s sounding downright Thom-Hartmann-ish, ranting about how the health insurance companies aren’t subject to the Sherman … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Joe

Cable news people are phenomenally ridiculous. I’m just now listening to Andrew Ross Sorkin and Mike Ross Barnicle suggesting that President Obama isn’t “working” because he’s delivered some speeches. Does he ever go to work?! Barnicle asked. It’s hilarious because … Continue reading

Posted in Morning Joe | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Alert the Wingnuts!

I wrote about this the other day, but here it is. A group of kids singing directly to President Nixon. At the White House. We love you president Oh yes we do We love you president And we’ll be true … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Pearl Jam – “Comatose” From the AOL Sessions

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Going Rogue: The Book

There’s just no way Sarah Palin wrote a 400 page book in just four months. Of course a lot of people use ghost writers, but usually no questions are asked when it’s clear that the “author” could, if time permitted, … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged | Comments Off

The Obama Strategy on Healthcare

BooMan does an excellent job of laying out what’s happening in terms of the White House approach to all of this. It should answer some of your question as well as reinforce some of the angles I’ve been blogging about … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

25 Blue Dogs Endorse the Public Option

This is very encouraging news. Hopefully this will lend political cover for the rest of the Dogs who are hesitant to vote in favor of something that enjoys, you know, overwhelming public support. Incidentally, when will 100 House Republicans co-sponsor … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off