Monthly Archives: October 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

If you’re a struggling filmmaker and looking for a new twist on horror movies, might I suggest doing something with these vintage Halloween costumes collected by Steve Chasmar: Just throwing that out there. Seriously, it should be mandatory that all … Continue reading

Posted in Not Politics | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Afternoon Awesome

“Douchebag Solidarity”

Posted in Afternoon Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Walmart Casket

At first, I thought this was an Onion joke. But no. Walmart is selling caskets. Here’s the actual product description: Generously sized, the Star Legacy’s Regal Wide Body has extended dimensions width combined with an adjustable bed. Exceptional quality, sleek … Continue reading

Posted in Consumer Nation | Tagged , | Comments Off

More Reality with a Pro-Obama Bias

Wall Street Journal headline: Stimulus Fueled Much of Expansion Why is the Wall Street Journal in the tank for the president?

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Trick or Treat

As Benen describes, the wingnuts were temporarily thrilled by the White House guest list that was released yesterday, mainly because names like William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright popped up on the list. Of course these were “false positives” — after … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “Manos the Hands of Fate” Happy Halloween. If you’re at a loss for costume, I suggest Torgo.

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

The Reagan 'Photo Op'

The predictable Liz Cheney meme about Dover is that President Obama used the flag-draped coffin as a photo-op. But wait. How does she explain this… I wonder how this photograph can exist without cameras.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Your 'Liberal' Network

Why is MSNBC so liberal? They really are the bizarro Fox News Channel!

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

WTF?

Okay, this is alarming news. RJ Eskow mentioned the possibility of this in his Huffington Post item the other day, but it looks like the CBO agrees. They’re suggesting that the public option premiums from the House bill could end … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Reality's Pro-Obama Bias, Continued…

More good news: President Obama called the 22-year ban on travel and immigration by HIV-positive individuals a decision “rooted in fear rather than fact” and announced the end of the rule-making process lifting the ban. The president signed the Ryan … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Lying Runs in the Family

Regarding President Obama’s tribute to a fallen soldier at Dover Air Force Base, serial liar Liz Cheney had this to say: “Bush used to do it without the cameras.” Uh-huh. Bush never went to Dover. Ever. He never attended a … Continue reading

Posted in George W. Bush | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Keep Going, Republicans!

Just so we’re clear, Republicans. It’s a bad thing for Alan Grayson to suggest that the GOP healthcare plan is to “die quickly.” But it’s okay for the Senate’s resident sleestak, Mitch McConnell, to say that the public option “may … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Words and Money

If there’s some sort of rational need to correlate word-counts in legislation with the actual cost of the legislation, then, as Jamie points out: $425.9 million per word, or how much the 2,174 words of the Iraq authorization bill has … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Distribution of Balls in the U.S. Senate

From Chris Walla via email:

Posted in Democratic Party | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Why Is Reality in the Tank for Obama?

John Cole: I also think that there is a certain mindset among some people that if you are not spending every day dramatically freaking out that Obama sucks, you aren’t doing your duty as a citizen and aren’t thinking critically … Continue reading

Posted in President Obama | Tagged , | Comments Off

Very Serious Question

Has it always been a big deal to comment about the page count for a major piece of legislation? The House bill is 1,990 pages. So what. By the way, if I’m a Republican and I’m worried about the stereotype … Continue reading

Posted in Very Serious Question | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Fleet Foxes – “Mykonos” Directed by Sean Pecknold

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Issue 2

Following up on my Huffington Post item about Ohio’s Issue 2, this ought to be alarming: A new Ohio Newspaper Poll finds Gov. Ted Strickland (D) barely edging challenger John Kasich (R), 48% to 47%. The livestock board would be … Continue reading

Posted in Food | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

And It Reduces the Deficit, Too

The House reform bill passes the CBO with flying colors. Not only does the bill qualify below the president’s $900 billion price tag, but it also reduces the federal budget deficit by $104 billion over ten years, according to the … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Hillbilly Politics

See, normally when a politician runs for president, they begin by spreading good will in Iowa. They deliver speeches to whatever group of yokels will take them. They attend small gatherings and picnics. They basically whore themselves all across the … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged | Comments Off