Monthly Archives: April 2010

Then Change Your Business Model

If you own a business and you can’t run it without hiring illegal, and therefore exploited labor, you probably need to figure out a new business model. I could do lots of things that are illegal in order to make … Continue reading

Posted in Immigration | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Gun Show Loophole

A few weeks ago, I posted a photo of a ridiculously misogynistic billboard for a local gun show. At the time, I commented to my wife that in addition to the awful billboard, we can expect a wide array of … Continue reading

Posted in Guns | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

That Motherfudging Oil Spill

This is just heartbreaking. The Gulf coastline is about to be destroyed. That stretch of coastline is full of marshlands, replete with reeds and piles of dead grass that could soak up oil like a sponge. Unlike fish, the area’s … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Spring Fundraiser – Day Five

The Spring Fundraiser continues on this good lookin’ Fridee. Thanks so much to everyone who’s contributed so far. It’s really very inspiring, and I can’t thank you enough. If you haven’t had a chance to pitch in yet, as we … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

The Oil Rig Was Sabotaged!

No, it really wasn’t. But “Obama sabotaged the oil rig” appears to be the new conspiracy theory circulating through wingnuttia. (WARNING: Link points to a wingnut blog.) And Rush Limbaugh is totally on board: What Drudge, High Pitch Mark Levin … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , , | Comments Off

Up Yours, Byron York

York and other Republicans have been insisting that the “lawful contact” language in the Arizona law only permits authorities to ask for “papers” if the suspect is stopped for a different offense — pulled over for speeding, etc. I went … Continue reading

Posted in Immigration | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

The Smell of Oil in the Morning

Delicious! Louisiana health officials have ordered air quality testing after a “pungent fuel smell” blanketed “much of coastal Louisiana” and New Orleans. People along Florida’s Gulf Coast also noticed an “oily odor” that “leaves a bitter taste in your mouth” … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Agreed!

Bill Maher via Twitter: “Every asshole who ever chanted ‘Drill Baby Drill’ should have to report to the Gulf Coast today for cleanup duty.” You are correct, sir. Let’s start with this crowd:

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

You're Not Helping, Democrats

The Democrats are moving on immigration reform, which is good news. But the details make it look like we’re going to war: The Democratic proposal includes increased money for border patrol and drug war agents, equipment, helicopters and unmanned drones. … Continue reading

Posted in Immigration | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

The big Jack White theme week continues with… The Raconteurs – “Carolina Drama” Live on Nigel Goldrich’s From The Basement

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Prison Rape Petition

The folks at Just Detention are circulating an outstanding petition to make sure Eric Holder’s Justice Department begins to implement a bipartisan anti-prison rape bill, co-sponsored by Senators Kennedy and Sessions, and signed by George Bush in 2003. Codifying the … Continue reading

Posted in Corporate Crime | Tagged , | Comments Off

Time Magazine Has Jumped the Shark

In their list of the top 25 leaders — in the world — they included Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Scott Brown and Jenny Beth Martin (a tea party founder). Seriously. The world!

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Dave Foley Predicts Glenn Beck in 1994

I posted this back in September, but it looks like Keith Olbermann will be featuring it tonight with Dave Foley on his show. So here now, Dave Foley on Kids in the Hall predicting Glenn Beck’s phony baloney McCarthyite witch … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Spring Fundraiser – Day Four

Our big quarterly fundraiser continues! I think it’s an appropriate time to mention that Huffington Post bloggers don’t get paid (and for the record, wingnut trolls, I don’t live in either Hollywood or Manhattan). Though the beautifully composed wingnut e-mails … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

Today's Bob & Elvis Show is Posted

Go listen to today’s very special “We’re Not Live!” episode of the Bob & Elvis Show. We talk about leaky ceilings and dangerous roof escapades, the Arizona immigration fracas and a big dose of making fun of Sarah Palin’s nitwittery … Continue reading

Posted in Radio Show | Tagged , | Comments Off

This Is Almost Too Painful to Watch

Ken Blackwell was a total disaster on The Daily Show last night. I mean, Jon Stewart didn’t really have to do much for Blackwell to repeatedly dig himself into gigantic factual shitholes. You really have to wonder if the Republicans … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Maybe I Wasn't Clear Enough

I don’t mind admitting that this comment on the Huffington Post from someone called “biznesschic” was a punch in the gut: You left out one glaring detail Bob. my ancestors were dragged here in chains, kicking and screaming, worked for … Continue reading

Posted in Immigration | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

What the Hell is Glenn Beck Talking About?

Glenn Beck seems to be slamming the idea of “democratic elections.” See if you can figure out this one: Also, America is both a representative democracy (or just “democracy” for short) and a republic. We’re a republic in that we’re … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Today's Bob & Elvis Show

Big show today! Lots of idiots commenting on the Arizona anti-immigration law, including Sarah Palin. 10 a.m. EDT! Listen live here. Follow the show on Twitter: @BobandElvisShow UPDATE: Technical issues at iClips so we’re recording a podcast version. UPDATE 2: … Continue reading

Posted in Radio Show | Tagged , | Comments Off

But He's Pro-Life, Right?

Duncan Hunter thinks babies should be deported, even if they’re U.S. citizens: “Would you support deportation of natural-born American citizens that are the children of illegal aliens,” Hunter was asked. “I would have to, yes,” Hunter said. “… We simply … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off