Monthly Archives: June 2010

Dispersant Used to Cover Up Size of the Spill

A whistleblower told Anderson Cooper that BP is using Corexit to sink the oil and therefore covering up the size of the spill: In a shocking interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on June 29th, Allegiance Capitol Corporation V.P. Fred McCallister … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

This is Heartbreaking Footage

Olbermann aired some of this video tonight on Countdown. John Wathen documents from the air the nauseating tragedy of the cess pool that used to be the Gulf of Mexico. Dolphins and whales covered in oil dying in the water … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Crazy Quote of the Day

“They keep extending these unemployment benefits to the point where people are afraid to go out and get a job because the job doesn’t pay as much as the unemployment benefit does. … What has happened is the system of … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Eff You, BP

Colbert delivers the genius once again:

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

New Huffington Post Column

Listen All Y’all, It’s a Republican Sabotage Tweet and Digg often!

Posted in Huffington Post | Tagged , | Comments Off

Flying Cars

Contrary to the big articles about it today, the Terrafugia Transition isn’t the first flying car. Here’s my brief history of flying cars from January.

Posted in Science | Tagged | Comments Off

'Stop Spending!'

The Republicans, whose whole thing is to question the patriotism of Democrats and liberal support for the troops, blocked the Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans With Children Act yesterday. Benen reports: It was approved in committee with bipartisan support, … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Cooking But Not Eating

Roger Ebert continues to be an inspirational human being. After reading this, I wish I was a scientist so I could figure out a way to restore his ability to eat and drink.

Posted in Food | Tagged , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Guns N’ Roses – “November Rain” My brother’s favorite band on his 37th birthday. Happy Birthday, Brian!

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

This Is Very Real

Guns! She shoots guns! Pamela Gorman is running for Congress in Arizona’s 3rd. For real. Goddamn.

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Republicans Block Unemployment Benefits Again

This time in the House: WASHINGTON — With Republicans citing concerns about the growing national debt, the House rejected a bill Tuesday to extend unemployment benefits for people who have been out of work for long stretches. The House, however, … Continue reading

Posted in Jobs | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Fighting Words from the FDA

I’m sure this will work: WASHINGTON — The Food and Drug Administration is urging meat producers to limit the amount of antibiotics they give animals in response to public health concerns about the drugs. The FDA said antibiotics in meat … Continue reading

Posted in Food | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Boehner's Crazy War Plan

John Boehner wants to pay for the war by raising the retirement age for Social Security to 70. Which is insane for so many reasons. The incongruous relationship between Social Security and the war aside — since when does John … Continue reading

Posted in Afghanistan | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Armstrong Doping Investigation Tightens

This doesn’t look good for Lance Armstrong: According to the New York Times, two unnamed cyclists that will be participating in this year’s Tour de France have cooperated with federal investigators on Floyd Landis’s allegations that Lance Armstrong was involved … Continue reading

Posted in Cycling | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Feingold Channels Nelson and Lieberman

By now, you’re probably aware that Russ Feingold is voting against financial regulatory reform because it doesn’t go far enough. His vote could actually doom the legislation to failure, not unlike Lieberman’s or Nelson’s vote at various stages in the … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

But It Ain't Poisonous No More

Boss Hogg is suddenly concerned about the oil spill now that it’s washing ashore in Biloxi. So much so that Hogg is screeching for more federal government support. Wait, Mr. Hogg, I thought the oil was just tasty food mousse … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Credit Where Credit is Due

Joe Scarborough rips into the Judiciary Committee Republicans for attacking Thurgood Marshall. The Republicans are clearly inspired by Glenn Beck’s forward-looking attacks on Woodrow Wilson. Impeach! Impeach!

Posted in Morning Joe | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Yes – “And You and I” Live at Montreux 2003

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Open Thread

I’m on the road this afternoon, so I thought I’d open the room to some threading until, perhaps, Dingeldein or Weber drops by for some blogotubing. Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind. The Kagan hearings, the … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

Glenn Becks Warns America About Glenn Beck

Media Matters discovered one of Beck’s Fox News promos hyping, at the time, his new show. In the promo, he rips on Republicans for accusing the left of being communists. And, naturally, MMFA included some of Beck’s subsequent McCarthyite greatest … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | Comments Off