Monthly Archives: June 2010

The Third Depression

Via Digby, Krugman’s new column made a little nauseous. He’s suggesting we’ve entered an era of another depression — in this case, more of a 19th Century style “long depression.” Here’s to hoping Krugman is wildly wrong. Having been a … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Priorities

Boss Hogg knows what’s what. “The most important thing right now is the 2010 elections,” Barbour told reporters. The oil entered Mississippi sound this weekend.

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Whoops! Missed This One.

How did I sail right on by this Palin quote from the Oil Palace speech? “I want this most exceptional country in the nation to be free, to be prosperous…” Timecode :58. Brilliant.

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Spinnerette – “Baptized By Fire”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Stupid Palin Thing of the Day

This could be the biggest word salad Sarah Palin has ever delivered. It’s literally all over the place. She explains how she, as governor, personally forced Exxon to pay victims of the Valdez but then suggests that the president’s BP … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Here's a Fantastic Idea

This guy wants to bring back debtor’s prisons. Obviously, I don’t think this is a fantastic idea. Because what we really need are people being sent to prison at the behest of credit card companies and financial institutions — while … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Almost All Valdez Workers Are Dead

Via Shannyn Moore, CNN reports that the average life expectancy for an Exxon Valdez cleanup worker is 51 years. Most are dead.

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Bobby Jindal's Oil Spill Failures

It’s great to see the New York Times finally coming around to report on Bobby Jindal’s ridiculousness — and it only took weeks of Rachel Maddow exposing his roid rage grandstanding and nonsensical, ineffectual ideas (like the stupid sand berms) … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Mr. Show with Bob & David – “Good News Today”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Bobby Jindal is a Big Nothing

Rachel Maddow exposes Jindal’s loud but ineffectual grandstanding: Jindal’s whole thing with this oil spill is to erase his disastrous Republican response address. Now, I totally understand and embrace the idea that government has a significant role in mitigating this … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Doof Quote of the Day

“This Sunday: Exclusive! Sen. John McCain” NBC’s Meet the Press

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Teabaggers Like Big Government After All

A new poll reveals the contradiction: Seventy-four percent of self-described Tea Party Supporters would support a “national manufacturing strategy to make sure that economic, tax, labor, and trade policies in this country work together to help support manufacturing in the … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “The Pumaman”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Go Fudge Yourself, BP

I’ve been meaning to post this for a couple days now. They’re burning sea turtles alive. VENICE, La. – A boat captain working to rescue sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico says he has seen BP ships burning sea … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Do Not Disturb

We have an unprecedented disaster in the Gulf right now. And despite it, we plan to continue drilling offshore — deep water oil drilling. Around 44 percent of Americans still support offshore oil drilling, but prior to the disaster, 63 … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

The Media Double Standard

Fox News anchors, along with other media operatives like the AP’s Ron Fournier, can flagrantly stroke the Republicans every damn day. But Dave Weigel isn’t allowed to blow off steam on a private listserve. Weigel has resigned because he said … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Doof Quote of the Week

“It took the president a matter of hours to pick a new commander in Afghanistan, so why is it taking months to plug the leaking oil?” Brian Kilmeade, Fox & Friends I don’t know what’s more disturbing: The question itself … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

The Senate Screws Unemployed Americans

Well, that’s it. No more unemployment extensions. No more COBRA subsidies. And the Republicans are entirely to blame. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Thursday that Democrats are giving up on trying to break a Republican filibuster of a … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Escape from Texas

If you live in Texas, RUN! Austin is going to end up like Berlin — an oasis of sanity in the midst of a police state controlled by these people: The GOP there has voted on a platform that would … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

The Whitest Kids U Know – “Senator Clint Webb”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off