Monthly Archives: October 2010

Theodore Chaikin "Ted" Sorensen 1928 – 2010

Theodore Chaikin Sorensen, whose prose mingled with the thoughts and words of his close friend John F. Kennedy to create some of the most memorable presidential speeches of the 20th century, has died, a week after suffering a stroke. Earlier … Continue reading

Posted in History | Tagged , | Comments Off

Colbert's Entrance

Colbert emerges from his Fear Bunker. This was all kinds of awesome.

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Penis Size

We win! An estimated 215,000 people attended a rally organized by Comedy Central talk show hosts Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert Saturday in Washington, according to a crowd estimate commissioned by CBS News. The company AirPhotosLive.com based the attendance at … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Yes – “Love Will Find A Way” (Listening to a lot of Trevor Rabin era Yes over the last few days, hence the Yes repeat. This track is easily one of the best of that lineup. Rabin originally wrote “Love … Continue reading

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Quote of the Day

“We live now in hard times. Not end times.” Jon Stewart The Rally was both hilarious and poignant. Despite the QOTD selection above going to Stewart, Colbert continues to rule the universe. Of course, I was a little disturbed by … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off

Rally to Restore Open Threads

Sporadic blogging today, so feel free to enjoy this thread for telling ghost stories or observing the Colbert/Stewart festivities in Washington. Have at it!

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “Manos: The Hand of Fate” (For your Halloween weekend.)

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Glenn Beck Incites Death Threats

The other day, Glenn Beck attacked Kathy Tate-Bradish, a volunteer moderator from the League of Women Voters, for reluctantly reciting the pledge before a debate. BECK: We wanted to look at the moderator, Kathy Tate-Bradish, from the League of Women … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Are You Freaking Kidding, ABC?

ABC News has hired serial liar and scam artist Andrew Breitbart for their Election Night coverage. ABC News’ David Ford told Media Matters, “He will be one of many voices on our air, including Bill Adair of Politifact. If Andrew … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Another Reason to Avoid McDonalds

They’re instructing their employees who to vote for. Along with their recent paychecks, employees received a pamphlet from their employer on company letter head that stated “as the election season is here, we wanted you to know which candidates will … Continue reading

Posted in Corporate Crime | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Crazy Quote of the Day

“So again, I ask: Why wasn’t Assange garroted in his hotel room years ago? It’s a serious question.” Jonah Goldberg WTF?! Really, Jonah?

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , | Comments Off

This Is Hilarious

Bill O’Reilly on the president’s meeting with Oliver Willis and other bloggers at the White House: Two reasons for posting this clip. First, is it me or does O’Reilly sound like he’s just going through the motions anymore? Secondly, O’Reilly … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Here Comes the Flood

Krugman nails the consequences of Election Day 2010: This is going to be terrible. In fact, future historians will probably look back at the 2010 election as a catastrophe for America, one that condemned the nation to years of political … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Robert Plant – “29 Palms”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Bob and Elvis Show – October 28, 2010

ghostbusters_venkman.jpg

The Haunted Show! Poltergeists Make Everything Go Haywire on the Show; Star Wars Fail; President Obama on The Daily Show; The Politics of Healthcare Reform; Internet and Computer Griping; Karl Rove Hates Sarah Palin; Rush Limbaugh’s Anal Rape; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, Pomegranate Journeys and Dusty Dog Vintage!

Not safe for work!
Download the mp3 (45mb)

pomegranate_banner_1.jpg

Bubble Genius Continue reading

Posted in Bob and Elvis Show | Tagged , | Comments Off

Would-be Assassin Inspired by Glenn Beck

Media Matters: According to publicly available documents filed in federal court, a cousin of Charles Wilson — a Washington man sentenced to prison last week for repeatedly threatening to kill Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) after she voted in favor of … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Worst Persons in the World

Halliburton is really working hard to become one of the most dastardly corporations in the world. Halliburton knew weeks before the fatal explosion of the Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico that the cement mixture they planned to use … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

They're Still Beating Up Women

Restoring honor. And by “honor” they obviously meant “beating up women.” A 72-year-old man was arrested for allegedly assaulting a 23-year-old activist protesting Dino Rossi’s Republican campaign for Senate in Washington state yesterday, according to local reports. The incident occured … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Gridlock

You should forward this clip to anyone you know who’s naive enough to believe that voting for a Republican Congress will actually get things done in Washington. Here’s the Mike Pence-Bot with evidence to the contrary: A vote for a … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Dick Quote of the Day

“Now I believe in a safety net, but I certainly don’t think we need to make it too darn comfortable down there on that safety net.” Republican candidate for Congress Nick Popaditch suggesting $21 per week in food stamps is … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , | Comments Off