Monthly Archives: November 2010

The Republican Party Defined in One Sentence

During a broader post about the Republican pie fight for the 2012 nomination, DougJ at Balloon Juice nailed the intent and tactics of the modern GOP in one concise sentence: The Republican party of today is built on winning elections … Continue reading

Posted in Republican Party | Tagged , | Comments Off

Wow! The Senate Did Something Today.

They passed the food safety bill. Remarkable! WASHINGTON — The Senate on Tuesday passed a sweeping overhaul of the nation’s food-safety system, after recalls of tainted eggs, peanut butter and spinach that sickened thousands and led major food makers to … Continue reading

Posted in Food | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Doof Quote of the Day

“What we’ve learned over the last 19, 20 months now of the Obama administration is that you cannot grow this economy, you can’t stimulate the economy through government handouts. You’ve got to do it through the private sector.” Dick Cheney … Continue reading

Posted in Quote | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Wikileaks to Target a Big Bank

Next up for Wikileaks: Early next year, Julian Assange says, a major American bank will suddenly find itself turned inside out. Tens of thousands of its internal documents will be exposed on Wikileaks.org with no polite requests for executives’ response … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Big Star – “Thirteen”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Sarah Palin's Dumbstupid

Usually, SarahPalinUSAFuckYeah has one phenomenally dumbstupid error per tweet. Most recently, she’s proven herself entirely clueless about the First Amendment. But this new one about Wikileaks has at least three: Inexplicable: I recently won in court to stop my book … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , | Comments Off

Palling Around With Terrorists

Staffers for the forthcoming Speaker of the House John Boehner met with confirmed and current domestic terrorists immediately following the midterm election. Digby has the photographic evidence of the meeting with Randall Terry and his cabal of evildoers. And, yes, … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Scary, Scary Wikileaks — BOO!

One of the two congressional Wingnut “Kings” has weighed in on the latest Wikileaks dump with some predictable hyperbole. Here’s Rep. Peter King (the other Wingnut King is Steve King): “I am calling on the attorney general and supporting his … Continue reading

Posted in Terrorism | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Is This Really Something We Should Cut?

The answer is “nope.” WASHINGTON — President Obama announced a two-year pay freeze for civilian federal workers on Monday as he sought to address concerns over sky-high deficit spending and appeal to Republican leaders to find a common approach to … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , | Comments Off

White Trash Reagan

It’s subtle but it’s there. The effort to paint Sarah Palin as the reincarnated Ronald Reagan. Here’s McCain playing along: “I think anybody that has the visibility that Sarah has is obviously going to have some divisiveness,” McCain said on … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Prince and the Revolution – “Let’s Go Crazy”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

The Wikileaks Release – Open Discussion

Posted by JM Ashby I know this is a hot subject right now and there are lot of passionate opinions on both sides of the issue so I thought It would be best to give everyone a place to discuss … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Playing games with foreign policy.

Posted by JM Ashby The Republicans just can’t stop themselves from playing political games over this nation’s standing in the world. Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona is attempting to deflect blame away from himself and onto Harry Reid for his … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

Lets do another study!

Posted by JM Ashby As you may recall, during the height of the campaign to repeal DADT over this past summer and fall, many of those in the opposition pleaded with congress to hold off on voting until after the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off

The Stimulus Worked

Fancy that. The stimulus actually stimulated the economy. The CBO reports: – They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 1.4 percent and 4.1 percent, – Lowered the unemployment rate by between 0.8 percentage points and 2.0 percentage … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

Alanis Morissette – “Still” (Live)

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Wingnut Bait

The Democrats are attempting to bait Republicans into voting against repealing aspects of healthcare reform. Rep. Ackerman has a particularly funny one: Speaking of difficult votes, Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.) has announced his intention to introduce six different bills repealing … Continue reading

Posted in Healthcare | Tagged , , | Comments Off

Morning Awesome

MST3K Saturday – “It Lives By Night”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Comments Off

Gaffes vs. Dumbstupid

Everyone who speaks in front of people many times a day will eventually suffer from occasional gaffes. The smartest, best-spoken people in the world have made unfortunate slips of the tongue, but we overlook them because these people are generally … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged | Comments Off

Worst Person in the World

Rush Limbaugh owns this category of blog posts. Today, it’s for this. In his Thanksgiving address, President Obama said: “This Thanksgiving Day, we reflect on the compassion and contributions of Native Americans, whose skill in agriculture helped the early colonists … Continue reading

Posted in Rush Limbaugh | Tagged , , | Comments Off