Comment Away

After a lot of monkeying, I think we’re all settled with a comment routine. Finally.

Disqus is fully installed and all prior comments have been imported — all 100,000+ of them from more than 11,000 blog posts.

If you don’t have a Disqus username, you’ll have to register, but it’s pretty easy and there are a lot of great features.

So have at it! Go!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • lukenstein

    Piers Morgan had Ted Nugent on last night. What’s his relevance? ….someone try and answer that

    • lukenstein

      lukenstein = LukeB.. another Disqus user had that name

    • http://cousinavi.wordpress.com/ cousinavi

      Try and stay with me: Fox News is upset that Michelle Obama invited rapper Common to the White House poetry slam. They say that Common glorifies cop killing and is generally misogynistic; that FNC would never give a platform to anyone who says the sort of things that Common says. Hannity, in response to the controversy, said Common’s words cross a line and that he (Hannity) would never cross; that FNC would never promote anyone who said things like that, even about President Obama.
      Sean Hannity / FNC consider Ted Nugent a friend and have had him on numerous times – he’s the ultra-conservative gun nut right wing celebrity when Frasier, Jon Voight and Victoria Jackson are unavailable.
      In any case, Hannity previously and gleefully ran clips of Nugent in concert, waving a machine gun around, and suggesting that President Obama should “suck on this.” Proving Hannity a hypocrite is easy enough anytime, but this was a rather blatant and egregious example.
      Thus, the claim that FNC would never give a platform to someone who spouts hateful crap is destroyed and Ted Nugent, who hasn’t played a venue bigger than a Ramada Inn since the 70’s, gets some attention.

      On a side note, for a more complete evisceration of the FNC position on the rapper Common controversy, see Jon Stewart on Bill O’Reilly’s show, and the clip Jon did on the topic prior to that. Stewart guts them.

      • lukenstein

        yeah I saw Stewart take down Fox for that one. But CNN is a joke. Why have Nugent on? Yeah, I’m sure people want to hear what he has to say, just in the same way we slow down to look at a car wreck. But it’s time to elevate ourselves and ignore the buffoons.

    • laddieluv

      I remember turning to see who Piers had on his show. (Don’t know why ‘cuz I don’t watch Piers. But was “surfin.’)

      Saw that animal-murdering misogynistic far right wingnut horror show and became ill. Seriously.

      That smirk on TN’s ugly mug is positively serial-killer like.

      Relevance? Tee Nuchit has none. Zero. Zilch. He’s beyond vile.

      A human cancer.

  • Zen Diesel

    I agree, I don’t understand why Ted Nugent has any relevancy.

  • strangedub

    Ted Nugent is a disgusting racist, and anyone associated with him (like the Huckster) should be publicly shamed.

  • http://twitter.com/AlanFors Alan Fors

    I posted this somewhere yesterday, but it may not have been seen by the right eyes, what with all the frivolity in the Cesca engine room.

    The Banter Wire widget on the other Banter Media sites has the link to this blog stuck at the “Please stand by…” post from a few days ago. I think you need to jiggle the handle, or something.

      My blog list over on my (Blogger) blog did the same thing, until I “reloaded” the URL.

      “reloaded” = re-added this site to the list

  • dildenusa

    It looks great Bob. I’ll be commenting on your more provocative posts.

  • muselet

    I’ve said before I don’t particularly like or trust Disqus, but it ain’t my blog and the trolls and spammers were getting out of hand. We’ll just have to wait and see if this move helps.

    “alopecia” was already taken as a Disqus username (wonder why?), hence the new nym. A muselet is, if anyone’s interested, the wire cage that holds a champagne cork (see, I’m both informative and snarky).

    -alopecia

      On your (brand new) Disqus page, you can edit your profile –>bio and ad whatever you want to appear next to your name, should you wish, so your words can be properly attributed.

      • muselet

        Thanks. I may do that at some point, but a signature line will do for the time being.

        -alopecia

  • WendyTN

    Yay it works!