Crazy Quote of the Day

“I get accused of defending Andrew because I work with him. Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s my chosen destiny to be friends with the modern day First Amendment hero.” Lee Stranahan

So if I produce scam videos that falsely accuse good people of heinous acts and eventually lead to the defunding of programs that provide crucial voting rights services for minorities, I, too, can be a First Amendment “hero”?

Adding… Lee works for Andrew because they’re both cut from the same cloth. They’re professional trolls.

Also… Speaking of Breitbart, this is freaking weird.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    lol @ “chosen destiny”

    • janefromhell

      Reminds me of something Steve Martin once said:
      “Some people have a way with words…some people…not have way.”

    • muselet

      “That’s a strange expression, Bruce.”

      (Monty Python’s Flying Circus, for the uninitiated.)

  • Lexamich

    My goodness, that guy’s a bigger suck-up than Newt’s lackey.

  • muselet

    What leapt out at me was Lee Stranahan calling Andrew Breitbart “the modern day First Amendment hero.” Describing a petulant man-child as a hero is to bleed the word of all meaning.

    The whole quote that James Wolcott provides at the link sounds like Stranahan was going for portentous but only got as far as pretentious. As Wolcott said, “Dear God, Gertrude, give it a rest.”

    -alopecia

    EDITED for less redundancy.

  • jjasonham

    Lee Stranahan. I almost forgot that happened.

  • JMAshby

    It’s his chosen destiny to be a loser.

    5…4…3…2…1

    …waiting for the Allen troll to reappear.

    What a complete DICK.

    • jjasonham

      Maybe I haven’t been reading as much, but I’ve noticed a significant drop in the amount of trolling. Maybe it has something to do with less anonymity (more accountability) in the commenting?

        Yeah, I suspect you’re right, jjason. I definitely noticed it too. Disqus probably makes it difficult to register more than 1 account per IP, or something like that.

        A welcome relief! :)

        • muselet

          Yes, but AlFred loudly and repeatedly proclaimed his mad skillz at IP spoofing, so that can’t possibly be the reason. [/snark]

          I’ve never minded dissenting voices, but the trolls were going out of their way to be—I don’t like to use the word, but no other will do—dickish. Civility is almost enough to make it worth dealing with Disqus.

          -alopecia

            Completely agree!!

            I tried posting at Free Republic just to stay sharp but they banned me.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I have to ask, Bob, do you just shake your head sadly as you remember how Stranahan once blogged here, co-hosted your podcast, and claimed to be a liberal?

    • JackDaniel07

      I remember when Lee posted some videos here of a fictional “Sarah Palin Speechwriter” or some shit. It was awesome when we all started laughing, not at the attempted ‘humor’ in the clips, but at the super douchey looking scumbag playing the role. We laughed and laughed, and mocked and mocked. Then Lee wimpily admitted it was him in the videos hahahaha.

      • D_C_Wilson

        I remember those videos. Couldn’t sit through more than five seconds of those. I also remember his series of “Why I’m voting for Barack Obama” videos. Strange that he managed to sound sincere.

    Speaking of Breitbart, this is freaking weird.

    Not weird at all. Just another scummy, idiotic, Breitbart hoax.

    He needs to be completely put down as any kind of actual journalist.

    ugly.

  • http://www.facebook.com/chez.pazienza Chez Pazienza

    It’s funny because I happened to come across this Stanahan piece last week and zeroed in on exactly this quote. The set-up — where he talks about great comics — became thoroughly obscene once I realized he was actually using it to draw a line to Breitbart. That conflation is so patently ridiculous, and yet not very surprising considering that Stranahan is like a child looking for attention who’s willing to stand next to whatever adult will give it to him and stick his tongue out at all the rest of the kids. He hides behind a “no party, just truth” narrative — because it’s the only effective one he’s got, given that he’s always portrayed himself as liberal and now is chained to Breitbart like Leia in the gold bikini — but anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together can figure out that he’s finally getting the attention he’s always craved but has never had being a “ranting leftie.”

    I don’t hate Breitbart because I disagree with him on politics; he’s entitled to be as bombastic and professionally pissed-off as anyone else in the new media pundit game and to his credit he’s actually pretty good at it. I dislike what he does because he lies, pure and simple, and doesn’t care about the damage those lies can do. That’s something that’s impossible to defend. And watching Stranahan do just that — watching him bukkake Breitbart with flowery, lovestruck praise, calling him a hero and saying that working with him was his own “destiny” because of course Stranahan is such a fellow fighter for the truth — that can’t be spun away, no matter how hard poor, desperate Lee tries.

  • vocqueen

    I got into a huge kick-ass fight with Stranahan on Twitter once after I called him out for never having a positive thing to say about Obama (yes, initially I didn’t realize was a troll he is). He kept trying to dismiss me, treat me like a little child who didn’t understand “grown up things”, crap like that. I’ve never “spoken” to him again. Was on Twitter just awhile ago and there he was, defending Breitbart. What a loser!

  • mrbrink

    It’s disappointing Stranahan would find a first amendment hero in such a naked, outspoken enemy of democracy.

    A fast-talking/slow-witted advocate for disenfranchisement and inequality.

    An over-achieving right wing activist who will have no use for Lee once a right wing republican steals the presidency because of taint-licking lowlife opportunists like Stranahan giving comfort and credibility to lying, bloody booted foot-soldiers for fascists and racists.

    In a court of law, once you are proven to be lying, you lose your credibility and you do not get it back. You are then charged with a crime. In the public record of fact, Andrew Breitbart, at the very least, has no credibility.

    I think there’s really good money to be made from defending the first amendment rights of fascists and theocrats– to kill the first amendment rights of everyone else.

    I don’t want to silence anyone. But if you are a lying activist beating down the door of public opinion, you are entitled to be marginalized and ignored.

    That’s not violating anyone’s first amendment rights. That’s adhering to a fundamental code of justice.

    It is often said that one can take the measure of a man by who his friends are.
    Breitbart: James O’Keefe and Lee Stranahan.

    With friends like those…