Crazy Quote of the Day

“I am convinced in my heart and in my mind that if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States … [W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play. And my husband and I are both Christians, and we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel.” Presumptive Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann

A curse? Okeee.

Another of a thousand reasons why Bachmann should not be allowed anywhere near American foreign policy.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/lolacestmoi Veronika Kaufmann

    let us know when she says something sane.

  • http://oneblueeye.me BlueEye

    Presumably she wrote that in crayon, since she’s obviously not to be trusted with sharp implements in her hands.

  • flotsamfunk

    That is the craziest shit I have heard come out of her mouth in a while now.

  • JMAshby

    This is actually at the root of the religious-right’s devout love of Israel, and its disgusting.

    They don’t really care about the state of Israel, or Jews, they only wish to protect Israel because Evangelicals believe they need the Jews for the End Times.

    It’s really that simple, and really that insane.

    • muselet

      Too true.

      For context, it’s worth noting that Bachmann made the remarks last week in a speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition, and weren’t related to President Obama’s speech on U.S. policy in the Middle East.

      I miss reasonable Republicans.

      -alopecia

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Pander much? UFB.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1231937631 Julie Benningfield

    If we can get both her and Palin in the same GOP primary, I think they’ll cancel each other out. The bad part about Bachmann is she really does seem to be full-on insane, as opposed to Palin, who comes across to me as greedy and not very bright.

      I actually think Palin and Buchanan would eventually butt heads (and they would be buttheads but I digress), for the same reason you point out Julie.

      Buchanan is a true believer (never mind her ideas are batshit crazy Christianity). And Palin is a grifter who will don any popular disguise to hide what she really is inside in order to garner more cash and notoriety. I’m not sure which is worse but I think I’d go with the true believer. A grifter can be reasoned with and manipulated. A true believer will light themselves and the world on fire and smile while it burns.

  • holyreality

    America is also cursed for not hating gays enough, at least Phred Phelps sez so.

    What will it take for a President Bachmann that Teabaggers fantasize over, a dead woman, or live goat in the Kennedy Room? An airport bathroom tryst?

    When George W was the decider, he could have raped an eleven year old boy on TMZ, and pundits would have been out declaring the dangers of eleven year olds.

    Birth certificate BS lasted far too long, what kind of Breitbartism will torpedo the president’s chances?