Netanyahu Acting Like a Wingnut

Benjamin Netanyahu addressed a Joint Session of Congress yesterday and continues to deliberately mislead the world about the president’s position on borders.

“Israel will not return to the indefensible boundaries of 1967,” Netanyahu said, prompting a big standing ovation.

Later he added: “Israel on the 1967 lines would be only 9 miles wide. So much for defensible borders.”

As Netanyahu himself pointed out, the President has not called on Israel to return to the exact 1967 borders. The President has said that a peace agreement should be “based on 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps.”

Yeah, so Netanyahu knows that’s not what the president said, but he’s playing along with the cynical Republicans and their predictably irrational kneejerk reaction to the president’s remarks — remarks which echo former presidents Clinton and Bush, by the way.

My patience for the over-the-top intransigence of the current Israeli government is wearing very, very thin. And this game being played by Netanyahu is inexcusable.

Adding… Not surprised to read this:

President Obama got 25 standing ovations from Congress during his 2011 State of the Union address. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu got 29 today.

Congress is pathetic.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Middle East and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Given that so much of our foreign policy (at least as far as it relates to campaigning and getting elected) involves unfailingly sucking up to Israel, I’m not surprised.

  • http://twitter.com/TeaPartyUSA1 Chris Lynch

    Who says AIPAC doesn’t own Congress?

    J Street is a pro-Israeli pro-Peace advocacy group that earned my support. Give them a look. I think you might like their approach. http://jstreet.org/

    • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

      J Street is a wholly owned property of George Soros, someone who actually doesn’t have a lot of friends in the Jewish community, and was fast to recognize the calumnious sham called the Goldstone Report (of which Goldstone himself has even disavowed since then!). You’ll find that J Street represents few people but those who call themselves Jews only when they find it convenient for their political leanings.

  • i_a_c

    To make matters… more interesting… Netanyahu also appeared on Hannity.

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/05/24/full_interview_benjamin_netanyahu_on_hannity.html

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    Sometimes I wonder where our allegiance lies. Are we Americans or Israeli nationals and no one told us?

    Heaven forbid such tsuris for saying anything negative of the meshugana antics of Israel. I’m sure Joe Lieberman got all verklempt and almost plotzed after hearing such chutzpah from Obama, what with his 1967 borders talk. Look at me, I’m schvitzing over here. I gotta lie down.

  • roxsteady

    I gave up on Israel when they reelected this loon. I’ve lost all paitence and really don’t give a damn what happens to them anymore. Sorry but, I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling this way and unlike Congress, I don’t feel the need to kiss Netanyahu’s ass. What kind of friend distorts what you say? It’s sad that he can’t handle the truth but, when the GOP get’s their asses kicked again in 2012 there won’t be enough of them left to wipe Bibi’s ass. The Dems will probably pick up the slack though if yesterday was any indication.

    • JMAshby

      They lost me after the siege of Gaza in 2008, but electing one of the biggest warhawks ever (Netanyahu) certainly didn’t help.

      There will be no peace as long as the right-wings in both countries benefit from a lack of peace. They need fighting to continue so they still have talking points.

      Would you be amenable to other countries “giving up” on the US the next time we elect a right-wing government?

      This doesn’t make sense Rox.

    The whole idea of Israel is to provide Jews with a place were they can seek sanctuary. I understand their fears, and I have often wondered what it would be like to exist completely surrounded by enemies

    While Netanyahu gets on my nerves from time to time, as he has done this time, I understand where he is coming from.

    I will never “give up” on Israel. It matters too much.

    *Edited 5/27 to remove my family’s personal information.

    • JMAshby

      It ceased being a “sanctuary” some years ago, and you can thank the hard-liners in Israel’s government for that. Violating UN resolutions and illegally occupying new lands does not increase security, it simply provokes the same enemies you are “surrounded” by.

      Hard-liners like Netanyahu are as much of a danger, if not more so, to Israel than neighboring countries.

      Belligerence is not a path to peace.

  • muselet

    Josh Marshall yesterday:

    Prime Minister Netanyahu doesn’t want a two state solution. Period. End of story. Whether this is a principle of deeply held belief (probably) or just a desire not to see his coalition government fall (certainly) doesn’t really matter. His clear aim is to perpetuate the status quo indefinitely …

    Netanyahu is personally ambitious and wants to remain PM. Sticking to a hard line and sticking his thumb in the eye of the meddlesome US is a good way to shore up his coalition.

    He also knows US politics, and knows what messages will take the pressure off his government. If that means acting like a wingnut, he’ll do it for the sake of his career. I’m not as willing as Josh Marshall to give Netanyahu the benefit of the doubt as regards principles—I don’t think he has any [that was deliberate overstatement, just so there's no misunderstanding].

    -alopecia

    • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

      Wow, talk about cognitive dissonance! Bibi said he wants to see a Palestinian state, but not at all costs, so the Left takes that at meaning that Bibi doesn’t want a Palestinian state! And you wonder why the Democratic Party is going to have such a hard time with Jews in 2012!

      • muselet

        The oh-so-outrageous-how-dare-he-where’s-the-fainting-couch statement from President Obama—a return to the 1967 borders, with mutually-agreed land swaps—was a reiteration of what has been official US policy since 1967. Secretary of State Clinton said exactly the same thing to Prime Minister Netanyahu, in almost exactly the same words, mere months ago. That Netanyahu indulges in pearl-clutching now, when he didn’t then, indicates to me (personally—I am not the Left) a level of cynicism I had not previously expected in the man.

        On your specific point: Netanyahu said Israel (by which, presumably, he meant his government) was willing to make “painful compromises” for peace, whereupon he said one of those painful compromises was not permanently occupying the entire West Bank. That doesn’t sound to me (again, personally—again, I am not the Left) like he wants a Palestinian state. Public opinion polling is a little like reading entrails, but a majority of Israelis have been telling pollsters for several years that they want a two-state solution more or less along the lines envisioned in US policy.

        If the Ds has a hard time with Jews in 2012 over this, it will not be because of a change in US policy, which has not changed in over forty years.

        -alopecia

          If the Ds has a hard time with Jews in 2012 over this, it will not be because of a change in US policy, which has not changed in over forty years.

          alopecia, it will not be because of policy, it will be because it seems socially acceptable on the Left to subtly endorse anti-semitism.

          As to Netanyahu, he may not want a Palestinian state, and I can’t say I blame him, but he certainly understands that it is the only way to retain Israel’s standing in the world, and it is the only way to enable the Palestinians to have a secure homeland since none of the other Arab countries have offered to take them in, nor to give them land.

        And so your “reasonable response” is to twist the president’s words, lie about what he plainly intends, and rush into the arms of right wing supporters of Israel who love the Jews for one reason – because they are the key to bringing on the biblical end times; they must all be gathered in Israel when the Dome of the Rock is destroyed.
        How much of your politics is driven by scripture? (Which is to ask, “How crazy are you? Are you one of THOSE idiots? Do you believe god gave that land to the Jews?”)

        • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

          And I thought Republicans made grand generalizations, but YOU, you take the cake!

          Cousinavi: turning Jews Republican since May 12, 2011.

            Listen, boychik, YOU came in here yammering about how the president’s PLAIN ENGLISH was really code for some nefarious plot to render Israel vulnerable. If you think you’re better served by cozying up to assholes like Sarah Palin and Paul Wolfowitz, go for it.
            Me? I’d trade a truckload of Netanyahu’s for one Rabin…and you for bag of chips and a smoke.
            Your childish and petulant insults only reveal you for an ignoramus of stunning depth and breadth. Yarmulke screwed on too tight? Go hang out with the rest of the Kahanists.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            Again, generalize much? I’d rather slit my wrists than vote for Palin.

  • MrDHalen

    I don’t understand the path Israel is on right now. They seem to be behaving like the Republicans in America; completely unserious about the realities of the future.

    The GOP is heading nowhere in the future because they’re alienating most of the fastest growing demographics in the country. Israel needs to setup 2 states or become an apartheid state like South Africa was; and we know what that does to your standing in the world.

    In my opinion, Israel is unserious because America is unserious. We think because we can blow anybody up, we can continue to live in our fantasy world where reality is only an opinion; but we will be proven wrong like every other superpower that has come before us.

      Nicole, I hear what you are saying and I understand your reasoning. However, Israel has been, from its very inception, surrounded by enemies. That’s not going to change with a peace deal. Plus, Pres. O clarified during his speech at AIPAC that he is not saying they HAVE to be exactly like they were in 1967….that is only the starting point for negotiations. Ultimately, there will be no peace in the Middle East until we have a two state solution and that means both sides will have to give up things. Israel isn’t willing to give up anything and seems to be grasping for more land as we speak. I think a lot of posters on here are right, Bibi and his wingnuts are digging Israel’s grave and they just don’t know it yet.

      Also, someone edify me….didn’t Pres. O literally say “with land swaps”? Or is Bob’s point that Bibi is failing to add on the following clause that says “in a sovereign and contiguous state” and that the 1967 borders are only a starting point.

        I know, IG. And I agree with the Pres, but I don’t really understand all the animosity that comes primarily from the Left when this topic comes up. And, I don’t believe it’s just about the Palestinians, since I have seen so much anti-semitism coming from our side over this issue.

        I more or less made my post to provide some perspective, and because I have a propensity to defend the underdog.

        Adding……I am certainly not accusing anyone here of anti-semitism.

        • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

          Nicole, this is exactly the point. Just because some may disagree with some of Israel’s policies (including 57% of ISRAELIS by the way) does not automatically mean they are anti-Semitic. But that’s the immediate conclusion. It’s like saying since we disagree with Iran’s policies, we are anti-Arab or anti-Muslim.

            It isn’t about disagreeing, Carl. I disagree with Israel’s policies under Netanyahu also.

            It is the tone taken. I know this tone. I’ve watched liberals spew the same stuff that the Stormfronters do on Huffpost. Right alongside each other.

            As Avi said, it is very subtle. But it is there. And it’s wrong.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            And it’s a tone that Avi himself takes.

            Lying, whining when you get called out for it, and now accusing ME of antisemitism? There is no limit to the depths to which you will stoop, you shameless little prevaricating piece of shit.
            You’re the sort of Jew that gives Jews a bad name.
            Facts, you contemptible little cock: Face them. Stop lying, and stop even hoping that playing the victim card on the back of contrived, invented strings of bullshit are going to win arguments or gain you support.
            You’re an embarrassment. Shut the fuck up and go play with your JDF cohorts. Tell them I slapped the shit out of you and you don’t ever want to come back here again.

            Not true. And fuck you.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    See what I mean when I say “culture wars”? It’s a kulturkampf, except it breaks out into actual kulturkreig on occasion.

    The tension is all about demographics and whose yard of holy dirt belongs to whom. The Israeli right has successfully outreproduced the left and colonized the West Bank; meanwhile, right-wing Israelis have built their gated neighborhood and gentrified, developed a sense of ownership and property, and had large families of like-minded voters raised in (get this!) religious schools.

    Do we see the pattern here? Do we see why these Rapture wranglers are so eager to have actual conflict? Do we see the inherent danger of the moment? Good. I hope the crisis isn’t wasted, but it’s been decades in the making and they built Zion so they could have the crisis on their terms.

    The trouble, up til now, is that the center and even the left are more concerned about security than justice. So it’s nice to see mass acts of Palestinian non-violence, and I hope to see more of them.

    • MagicLoveHose

      “Holy dirt” is the best word I’ve heard yet to describe religious-based land conflicts.

      “Earth” and “land” and “property” have a noble quality to them, but there’s no way to dress up the word “dirt.” It reduces the conflict to the leve of absurdity it deserves, and which hopefully it will one day be regarded as by everyone.

        We’ve never fought for “dirt” in this country. Nope. Not us. Totally non-colonist.

        *snort*

        • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

          Never said different. Culture war is universal, like religion.

      “So it’s nice to see mass acts of Palestinian non-violence, and I hope to see more of them. ”

      Is Hezbollah no longer running the show, Matt?

      How did Israel get to this point, Matt? Was it perhaps the rockets that the Palestinians launched in to Israeli territory (something like 6,000 attacks) that caused the embargo?

        nicole, I think what Matt is saying is that the non-violent acts of resistance by Palestinians will move the process further and faster than the bombs did. I don’t think he is any way trying to justify violence on either side.

        And Matt is factually correct about the Israeli right and their settlement expansion….they have either purposely been doing it to cause a conflict or they are doing it in hopes of having more of a buffer when the time comes for them to actually have to negotiate. I think they’re doing it for both reasons, but only they know the truth. Either way, the Israeli right is making things worse instead of better and they are alienating the U.S., their one true friend in the world, in the process. That’s just dumb politics.

        Personally, I don’t understand why they can’t all share the holy dirt so long as no one tries to destroy it. And if they did, I could care less. Sorry, Jerusalem is just another city to me (historical value notwithstanding). I’m more concerned with the lives of innocents and that’s all that should matter to anyone, regardless of religion.

        Also I do believe that Hezbollah has lost a lot of steam since they were elected to lead. Hezbollah is facing a classic conundrum–the revolutionary that becomes a leader and wants legitimate recognition from other countries can no longer use revolutionary tactics. They don’t know how to govern and behave civilly and that has hurt them. Plus, they’ve failed to do anything to improve the lives of the Palestinians so they are weaker in that regard too. Israel, who has the upper hand, has a great opportunity to have peace now but they are throwing it away by continuing to push settlements out further and further and acting fearful when they are in such a good position to negotiate.

          Yeah, I get it. It’s all Israel’s fault.

          Adding………Hezbollah was not elected to lead in Palestine. Hamas was.
          Also, I believe that both are still blacklisted by the US as terrorist organizations, and Hezbollah has very close ties to Iran.

          • JMAshby

            No one is saying that, but, current Israeli leadership is certainly not being helpful either.

          • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

            Nicole, I have every reason to support the continued security of the Israeli state. IMO the Israel worth saving isn’t even in the settlements or Jerusalem; it’s Haifa and Tel Aviv and towns in the interior where I’ve eaten felafel and shawarma and enjoyed meeting Muslims, Jews, and Christians. It’s the Palestinian taxi driver who takes fares on Shabbis, the elderly man with a tattooed number on his wrist taking the Shabbis elevator, the man with a crucifix at his throat serving coffee. They all deserve to be safe and free.

            The government of Israel has made its choices, and Israelis have to live with the consequences. Past is prologue, and the path of settlement-building has led to a tougher, more intractable set of problems. For their part, Palestinians WERE too slow to adopt nonviolence and are only now recognizing the power it has. I hope it’s not too late. That is all I am saying.

            Thank you, Matt, for taking the time to explain.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            If Jerusalem isn’t worth saving, then neither is Israel. The history of 1949-1967 proves that holy sites in the possession of anyone but Israel will not be accessible to Jews at all, let alone Christians. If you see the polls from Israel, you will see an overwhelming number of Israelis who refuse to divide Jerusalem. That’s a red line that will never be crossed, and the Palestinians better get used to it, because polls are also coming out showing Bibi in a stronger electoral position currently in Israel than before he came this past week. As in, if elections were called today, Likud would take 30-33 seats to Kadima’s 22-24 and would have a right-wing bloc of 70 mandates (out of 120).

            Oops, my bad! Thanks for catching that. Commenting and programming do not always produce quality writing or thought processes. ;)

      • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

        “Is Hezbollah no longer running the show, Matt?”

        In Lebanon, they are. Hamas runs the show in the Gaza Strip and the PA would like to become an actual government in the West Bank. The Palestinian “movement” has been very fissiparous over the decades, and serves as a good example of where the problem lies.

        See, I was studying the PLO back in my Army days — it was part of the job — when I realized that, somewhere between the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and the Palestinian Popular Liberation Front (PPLF), I had stumbled across a Monty Python script:

        http://youtu.be/gb_qHP7VaZE

        Sadly, though most of those factions have declined there are still several new ones in their place.

          Fissisparous. Fissisparous? (googling)….
          It’s New Word Day! Fissisparous!
          A perfectly cromulant word. And lyrical, too.

          “We might be more fissisparous
          But there ain’t a heck of a lot of us.
          We’re gonna park now and get off the bus,
          please mind the lone rhinocerous.”

          /Scores one for Osborne in vocabulary

  • rgbyref

    Well, heck, AIPAC is probably taking attendance.

    I want to tread a very fine line here.
    I am not a supporter of Netanyahu. I am not a supporter of Israel’s expansion of the settlements or their conduct in the occupied territories. I support a two-state solution; a secure homeland for the Palestinians. Watching the Republicans play this issue on Netanyahu’s coattails for political points against the president makes me angry and frustrated.

    That said, I support Israel as a homeland for the Jews; its right to exist within secure borders.

    There is a danger in much of the reflexive, “I’m so sick of Israel and all the money we send them! AIPAC can suck it!” rhetoric that is flaring up. Not to say there’s no justification for it, but it comes awfully close to the sort of thing one finds on Storm Front.
    And thus we come to the fine line…
    Not everyone who opposes Israel is an anti-Semite. But when one’s principled opposition to Israeli policies, and by extension American policies, finds one standing shoulder to shoulder with skinheads and neo-Nazis, chanting very similar slogans, THAT ought to give one pause.

    This is not a case of playing the race card. It is simply to acknowledge that there IS antisemitism out there, and that it’s woven through American culture in very subtle (and not so subtle) ways. Glenn Beck’s attacks on George Soros accusing him of profiting from leading Jews to the camps was not JUST the ranting of a contemptible, lying assclown – it’s a calculated appeal to a hateful paranoia that is in no way uncommon and not far beneath the surface.

    Yes, America has done much for Israel and the Jews. That is not a one way street.
    Einstein and Oppenheimer did much for America (not to mention the Coen brothers)…the diphtheria test, the contraceptive pill, streptomycin, the polio vaccine – the list of Nobel prizes awarded to American Jews in medicine alone will peel your skull back. Have a look for yourself.
    And not only medicine. Some other American Jews you know: Alan Greenspan, Paul Krugman, Milton Friedman and Josef Steiglitz; Noam Chomsky; Richard Feynman, Murray Gell-Mann, Carl Sagan, Wolfgang Pauli, and Leonard Susskind; Erich Fromm, Steven Pinker; Louis Brandeis, Ruth Bader-Ginsberg, Elena Kagan, Abe Fortas and Benjamin Cardozo.
    I haven’t even considered the writers, composers, singers, actors and playwrights…and you can keep Bob Dylan.

    There must be a line between the “Israel right or wrong” bullshit that comes oozing from the gob of ignorant fuckwits like Sarah Palin, and “Fuck those power hungry AIPAC, Palestinian genocide, greedy banker Jews!”
    And America needs to find it or something really fucking ugly and regrettable will be the result.

      In exchange for Dylan, we get Sammy Davis Jr.
      /quid pro quo

        I would pay money to hear Dylan sing the Baretta song.

        And, seriously. There has to be a compromise, and then stick to it or suffer heavy repercussions, whichever side is flouting the rules. If the Irish could do it, for fuck’s sake.

        I appreciate the feeling of being surrounded by your enemies. But their way isn’t fucking working. Set out the rules. Agree to them. Abide by them.

      Avi, thank you.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

    Actually, yeah, that is exactly what Obama said. When people say that, it’s usually code for land-swaps of populated regions only, not taking into account defensible positions that lie beyond the Green Line. For example, Latrun lies beyond the Green Line, but an Israel that does not contain Latrun is in a dangerous position. Also, has anyone ever seen what the West Bank looks like from the coastal plain? If you travel north on Route 6 from Ben-Gurion Airport, you will see land that reaches 3000 feet into the sky. And remember, these people are already accustomed to setting off rockets from Gaza, a flat plain. What happens when they have the advantage of altitude, like the Syrians did before 1967? All it takes is one rocket slamming into Ben-Gurion to paralyze the whole country. And that is why Obama, someone for whom I voted in 2008, lost my vote for 2012.

      Apparently the Likud party is sending out blog trolls.

      • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

        Right, because anyone who disagrees with the original post is a troll. Have you checked the latest poll numbers coming out of Israel?

        Also, notice how you haven’t touched on anything that I said. Who’s the troll now?

          No need. This was sufficient:

          Actually, yeah, that is exactly what Obama said. When people say that, it’s usually code…

          When you start reading your own “It’s CODE!” into the plain meaning of the president’s words, AND Netanyahu intentionally misrepresents those very same words before congress, you’re going to have to work pretty fucking hard to NOT be labeled a troll.

          As for your closing bit of projection: Boychik, you obviously have NO idea who I am. Now fuck off.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            My argument stands. You haven’t refuted anything. Which means you probably do agree with what I said.

            You don’t have an argument. You might as well say, “Hah! That’s CODE for ‘drive the Jews into the sea!’”
            The rest of your yammering nonsense is nothing more than pure supposition based on ELEVATION.
            What are you, one of those fascist JDF fucks? The bastard child of Meir Kahane?
            “You didn’t refute my wild speculation THEREFORE you must agree with me!”
            Go fuck yourself. You’re the sort of Jew that makes the words “Never again” smell like hypocrisy.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            You know, if you aren’t going to engage in a civil discourse, then you should go fuck yourself.

            I’m civil in direct proportion to the reason and value of the proposition to which I respond. If you find me uncivil, you should examine your position.
            Yo Mama.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            So, in other words, if someone merely disagrees with you, it gives you carte-blanche to go vulgar on that person. OK, sure, whatever.

      I don’t think that it means what you think it means. I believe that Pres. Obama is a reasonable person, and I would think that he will take a good long look at the consequences of any particular land swap, and he will not endorse anything that will have the effect of making Israel less secure.

      I have confidence that he will do the right thing.

      • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

        I disagree. 1-to-1 landswaps will create vulnerabilities elsewhere. And though I’ve said in above posts, I still haven’t here said anything about Jewish presence at holy sites. If what’s happening with Joseph’s Tomb is of any indication, the situation won’t be very good if they’re in Palestinian hands.

        And I honestly believe Obama is tone-deaf when it comes to history of the Jews pre-Diaspora in Israel.

        EDIT 1:17 AM:
        Oh, and Cousinavi, if you want to look at what a civil discourse is, this is one. No name-calling, no hyperboles, nothing.

          The land swaps will be negotiated in order to ensure that there are no vulnerabilities that are not manageable. Israel is surrounded on all sides by states with a history of animus towards the Jews – there is NO WAY to ensure total and perfect safety from any and all imaginable forms of aggression. That is no excuse to maintain the status quo OR to aggravate the situation with illegal and immoral hawkish policies.
          There ARE ways to minimize those threats and manage the geography. The intransigence of Netanyahu, the blithering right wing arguments based solely on fear and speculation that you take as concrete assumptions, are obstacles to Israeli security.
          I do not find your intentional misreading of President Obama’s clear words to be remotely civil, nor your fear-mongering fantasies about land swaps. Lying in polite language is still lying, and I don’t give rat’s tuchus whether or not salty language upsets your sensitive nature.

          • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

            I find your behavior typical of someone who is a member of Meretz or Hadash. That is, overwhelmingly rude and bound to get zero mandates in the next Knesset (which Hadash would receive, were it not for the Arab and Tel Aviv Jewish Communist votes (yes, I said Communist with a capital C. Wanna take a guess as to the roots of the Hadash party?)).

            I know exactly where and how Hadash got its start, and the word Communist doesn’t scare me. You, on the other hand, are clearly such a brainwashed, knee-jerk baby that the idea of anything remotely resembling socialism sends you into paroxysms of trembling fear and screaming tears.

            The Hadash platform:

            1. Achieving a just, comprehensive, and stable peace: Israeli/Palestinian and Israeli/Arab.

            2. Protecting workers’ rights and issues.

            3. Developing social services: health, education, housing, welfare, culture, and sports.

            4. Equality for the Arab population in Israel.

            5. Eradicating ethnic discrimination in all fields; defending the concerns of residents of disadvantaged neighborhoods and development towns.

            6. Protecting democratic freedoms.

            7. Equality between the sexes in all fields

            8. Protecting the environment; environmental justice.

            9. Eradicating weapons of mass destruction.

            Which of those planks gives you a problem, you knee-jerk little Likudim?

            Now, again, take your insistent concern troll act, your accusations of antisemitism, your red-baiting, fear mongering, lying, cockheaded ass somewhere where you won’t consistently embarrass yourself and provoke people to want to pop your eyes out your skull with MY thumbs.

    Hey Joshua, you’re picking on the wrong people.

    adding….and you aren’t helping anyone or any cause in the process.

    • http://www.facebook.com/people/Joshua-Solomon/14215184 Joshua Solomon

      Maybe, but the hate I’m getting back, rather than genuine dialogue, sure isn’t helping, either.

      Not applying to you, of course. You’ve actually been the most civil poster on this blog.

        You want GENUINE DIALOGUE?
        What a bunch of absolute horse shit! Your original entry into this thread asserted that President Obama’s speech was CODE; a hidden message to be understood as a demand that Israel redraw its borders as they were in 1967 PERIOD, if not something to be understood as even more nefarious and anti-Israel than that.
        THEN you went off on some asshole bit of imagination and speculation about what MIGHT happen if VERY SPECIFIC pieces of real estate fell into Palestinian hands, totally ignoring the president’s call for negotiated land swaps to manage exactly those sorts of concerns.
        When you start out LYING, and you get called out for LYING, don’t come whining and sucking up and complaining that you aren’t getting the sort of respectful, genuine dialogue to which you feel entitled. You aren’t entitled.
        You want dialogue? Deal with the facts, not the distortions, contortions, prevarications and willful blindness in which you have been engaged since you appeared here, you slimy little passive aggressive Firebagger concern troll asshole.
        Hate doesn’t begin to describe the contempt I feel for the tactics and methods you employ.

    Joshua Solomon
    So, in other words, if someone merely disagrees with you, it gives you carte-blanche to go vulgar on that person. OK, sure, whatever.

    Disagreeing is fine, you contorting, pathetic dick. LYING gets you slapped.
    Implying that my arguments and my contempt for a distorting Firebagger shit stain like YOU makes me antisemitic would get you beaten like a red-headed stepchild if you were within reach.
    Nothing President Obama said amounts to code. His words were a PLAIN REITERATION of consistent American policy in the Middle East for the past 30 years. But you come in here yammering like a butthurt fucktard that he has lost your vote.
    You’re nothing but a fucking plant. Another phony piece of shit concern troll whining about how the president has failed us all.
    Get fucked, you slimy little piece of shit. Words cannot express my desire to punch you in the throat.