Of Course She Can Win

Of course Sarah Palin could defeat President Obama in a presidential election says John McCain, but she may decide not to.

How convenient is that?

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has no doubt that his former running mate Sarah Palin can defeat President Barack Obama in 2012 if she decides to run.

“Can she win the Republican nomination and can she beat Barack Obama?” Fox News’ Chris Wallace asked McCain Sunday.

“Of course she can — she can,” McCain insisted. “Now whether she will or not, whether she’ll even run or not, I don’t know.”

“A lot of things happen in campaigns, Chris. I was written off a couple of times and was able to come back. It will be a roller coaster ride for all of them before we finally arrive at our nominee. But she certainly is a major factor. And I believe that she can be very competitive,” he added.

John McCain was able to come back and lose thanks, in part, to Sarah Palin.

Let us not forget that President Obama defeated John McCain in electoral votes by 320 to 141. I have no doubt that John McCain would have lost even if he had chosen someone else as a running mate, but it wouldn’t have been as glaring of a loss.

Mister McGoo should feel free to keep going though! You’re doing great!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Byproxy73

    McCain is as freakin’ ignorant as Palin is.

    • caribbeanobserver

      Could it be that at his age and stage he just says anything when asked, or when there is a mike around. The guy is in his 70’s,ya’ll. Why do people pay any attention to him anyway. It’s not like he has something to offer.
      Come on people…move on, like John needs to do.

      • hypnoladyl

        McCain isn’t stupid because he’s old. There are a lot of smart people in their 70’s. McCain is stupid because he’s stupid!

    I suspect the Palin-ites have something on Grampy McGrumperson, and he’s afeared.

      I was just thinking the same thing, Bob. I mean, I don’t know how else to explain McCain’s continued allegiance to this silly oaf. And even he must know by now that she is exactly that.

      • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

        If he doesn’t stand up for her, it just makes him look all the more idiotic for choosing her. And admitting a mistake is the last thing McCain would ever do.

          That’s true to some extent, but I think that he has gone way overboard.
          Plus, he never had to admit that it was a mistake. All he had to do was shut up once they lost. For some reason, he isn’t shutting up.

    • ThanksABunchJohn

      Complicit in Babygate cover-up?

  • Lexamich

    The key question is why is anyone asking McCain whether anyone, including the Griftstress, can win the presidency. He thought he’d win, and look how that turned out. Spent oodles of cash and everything.

      Quite right!

      Good to see you, Lexaburn! :)

  • JackDaniel07

    Well once again….

    …this current President is SO bad, and SO weak, and SO wrong, and SO dangerous, and she CAN beat him, but might choose not to? How patriotic…

    Kind of like John McCain, during his candidacy had all the answers – economy, war, you name it – but he literally just wouldnt talk about them. He tried to tell us that we had to vote for him 1st, then he would reveal the great master plan to fix it all. But he lost, so I guess he’s keeping to himself…

    Those 2 are grifters, and fuck them.
    But the otherwise intelligent voters who fall for their crap are who get me fired up. Just one of their votes cancels mine! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    • DetroitSam

      Remember when John McCain said that he knew where bin Laden was hidding but he did not tell the Pentagon or Pres Bush (not that Bush was interested in knowing).

      • JackDaniel07

        exactly…

  • muselet

    I’ve never seen anyone as mercilessly and relentlessly attacked as I have seen Sarah Palin in the last couple of years.

    Oh?

    -alopecia

      hahaha………well said, alopecia. :-)

  • holyreality

    Is it necessary for Sarah to ‘win’?

    Seriously, Georgie the codpiece didn’t win either, so why should she?

    • ranger11

      What? Didn’t Bush win?

        No. He didn’t win.

        • ranger11

          Not the first time, but the second time I think. Anyway Sarah aint winning shit no matter what the Court does. She wouldn’t get close enough.

    McCain is a craven sellout who abandoned every principle he ever had to take the shot at presidency he felt he deserved. He knows full well that elevating an ignorant grifter like Sarah Palin into the veep slot was a hideous mistake and cost him the election.
    But this statement – that she could win the nomination and defeat President Obama – is clear evidence that he is not only in full possession of all of his marbles, but a vicious and vengeful monster who no longer gives a rat’s ass about America.
    He doesn’t really think Sarah Palin can win. He’s not that stupid. But he would love nothing more than for his encouragement to be the thing that finally tips her over the fence and gets her in the race. He PRAYS – probably sacrifices goats in a moonlit pentagram and smears the blood over a naked Cindy while chanting Vietnamese curses he learned in the Hanoi Hilton – that she wins the nomination.
    Palin has said on many occasions that the reason they lost in ’08 was that the McCain campaign reigned her in; wouldn’t let her be herself; kept her from saying all the things she wanted to say in the way only she could say them; prevented her from truly connecting with those Real American people.
    McCain would love nothing more than to be the first to call candidate Palin when the results are in and Obama has pulled 80% of the popular vote and retaken Congress with every downticket race going blue JUST to ask if she finally managed to connect with the American people.

      FTW.