Republicans for Small Government

Small enough to fit into your bedroom.

The Massachusetts legislature is conducting hearings Wednesday on a bill that would bar divorcing couples with children from carrying on a sexual relationship while in their own home.

The bill would prevent parents from “conducting a dating or sexual relationship within the home” until the divorce is final.

Although seemingly written to spare children the pain of seeing their parents become involved with other people, the bill’s language is so broad it can easily be interpreted as forbidding sex entirely.

Parents that wish to have sex would need to get a judge’s approval.

The next logical conclusion in the world of family-values Republicans would obviously be obtaining a judge’s approval for the use of contraception or perhaps even social lubricants such as beer and wine.

The bill was sponsored by State Sen. Richard Ross, a Republican representing the Bristol, Norfolk & Middlesex District. Richard Ross became a state senator in May 2010 after winning a special election to succeed Scott Brown.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Alan-Fors/510552832 Alan Fors

    There’s no way that will fly here in MA. None.

      I can’t believe it even came up in MA!

    Might as well just criminalize adultery. It would save a lot of red tape.

  • alopecia

    State Sen. Richard Ross sponsored the bill on behalf of his constituent Wrentham Selectman Robert Leclair. […] Leclair, who is former president of Fathers United for Equal Justice, has reportedly gone through a bitter divorce.

    Protect children? My eye!

    (Oh, in case you guys haven’t noticed, Disqus ate all the old comments.)

    • http://twitter.com/JM_Ashby JM Ashby

      Yes, they will be back though. It takes a long time to import several hundred thousand comments.

  • http://www.facebook.com/coreybelanger89 Corey Belanger

    Good thing there is no possible way it will ever become law.

    • laddieluv

      But the fact that these “knuckle-dragging” braindead lying rethug cultists even THINK like this scares the pi.ss outa’ me, n’est-ce pas?

      “Small” government, my Irish buns.

    Where do these people get off thinking they can legislate what we do in our freaking bedrooms???

    WTF is wrong with these MORONS?!

  • laddieluv

    These people are INSANE!!!!

    Pssst! If I disappear forever, it’s ‘cuz Word Press denies I exist. Even though I have an account on WordPress.com and WordPress.org.

    Plus I posted last night with no prob.

    Hope this go through. ‘Cuz I want to smash someone. HA!

  • laddieluv

    See? Now I’m no longer “laddieluv.” Which has always been my “username.”

    “They” decided I’m AJ. My name on Yahoo.

    I give up. At least my Avatar matches the one I use on HuffPo.

    Blech.

    I’d like to smack some stoopid rethugs. For starters. grins.

      HA! I hate these comment systems. They are all sucking bigtime.

      Anyhoo, it’s great to see you, laddie! :)

      • laddieluv

        Back at you, Nicole.

        The new comment system has given me a major headache.

        I didn’t want to be “AJ” – I wanted to continue on being “laddieluv.” And I was. In my first comment. And forever before that.

        Then ZAP. HA! Sigh. Must process my identity change. HAHA.

    testing……… [having trouble with disqus]

  • Robert Scalzi

    well all I have to say is WTF is happening in my ancestral homeland of my fellow massholes ?? I hope this bill never see’s the light of day and if the Rapture crowd is right it won’t….by the way what are all you other splanning for Judgement day ?? Me I’ll be drinking Toking and (if its real Looting …LOL)