Worst Person in the World

Peter Fonda is quite a dick. And maybe a visit from the Secret Service is in order for this:

“I’m training my grandchildren to use long-range rifles,” said the actor, 71. “For what purpose? Well, I’m not going to say the words ‘Barack Obama’, but …”

Yep. He just said he’s training his grandkids to shoot the president with long-range rifles.

I’m seriously trying to figure out what the president did to warrant such hatred from the far-right, much less heinously overt death threats like this one. Is the Dow not skyrocketing enough? Was the largest middle class tax cut in American history not large enough? Is Bin Laden not dead enough?

Oh wait. There’s the black thing. That’s right. That’s what they’re freaked out about.

    another moronic comment from the comparatively talentless offspring of Henry Fonda.

  • roxsteady

    Jane must be cringing. Peter should be careful though. His grandkids are likely not the only one’s skilled in gun play in this country. From Compton to Columbine, to Arizona the bullets don’t seem to discriminate against the innocent. I suspect Fonda will now be offered a show on faux news. Perhaps replacing Beck? And yes, I hope the Secret Service does pay him a visit or better yet, Seal Team 6!

  • Dennis Montgomery

    Wow. And I really liked him as an actor (Ulee’s Gold!). Wonder if he realizes he said those words he said he wouldn’t say?

  • http://twitter.com/AngelinaWalks Angela Walker

    Peter Fonda? The Peter Fonda? Captain America Peter Fonda? Seriously?
    Jeez.

      Yep. And Dennis Hopper was a douche, too.

      • holyreality

        The most disappointing part is both cast members of the free spirited characters in Easy Rider, the anthemic cinema defining the sixties are/were rightwing loons today.

        At least Jack Nicholson is best known for his Lakers games attendance, but then he was the dufus in the movie.

      • hanadora44

        At least Hopper backed Obama in ’08 because he couldn’t stomach the idea of Sarah Palin so close to the presidency.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s not the black thing; it’s the Democrat thing. The black thing only adds spice to the stew of cognitive dissonance.

    Think about it: These people spent years marinating in rhetoric that conditioned them to believe, inter alia, that Democrats were so self-evidently wrong about everything that no one would ever vote for them, that they would never win a Congressional majority let alone the Presidency, and if they did the country would face an apocalyptic doomsday; that George W. Bush was the Third-Greatest Human Being Ever to Walk the Earth (behind Jesus and Ronald Reagan, not necessarily in that order) and that he was absolutely right about absolutely everything and to suggest otherwise was unacceptable; that cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations while fighting two wars on borrowed money and letting Wall Street run wild would have no negative economic consequences whatsoever; and on and on and on.

    One can only be proven wrong so many times, and have the world one inhabits fail to match the world in which one has been conditioned (and therefore desperately wants and needs) to believe, without either (a.) changing the way one thinks about the world, or (b.) losing one’s mind.

    What interests me is why so many have gone with option (b.). I think it’s possible to abandon one’s belief in debunked and discredited nonsense like, e.g., supply-side fundamentalism, and allow for the possibility that Democrats and liberals are basically decent people with good intentions and practicable ideas, and still think of oneself as a conservative/Republican and still vote Republican. Unfortunately, too many people don’t.

    • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

      “It’s not the black thing; it’s the Democrat thing. The black thing only adds spice to the stew of cognitive dissonance.”

      I disagree. For as much as they hated Clinton and accused him of murdering Vince Foster, the Whitewater thing, and anything else they threw to see what stuck, I never saw anyone attend his rallies with a firearm at his side, question his legitimacy or indirectly call for his assassination.

      Well, I’m not going to say the words ‘Peter Fonda’ when I talk about insignificant, paranoid, delusional douchebags, but …

  • dildenusa

    This is very sad. I think it’s over the top for Peter Fonda. Why not just say that I’m teaching my grandchildren to use high powered long range rifles so they can survive after the crapture by hunting deer and elk.

  • laddieluv

    Makes me physically ill.

    Racism has that effect on me.

    And he involves his children in the hatred?

    So many people should not be allowed to care for a goldfish, much less a child.

  • tangles

    This comment isn’t from a rightwinger. “fucking traitor” can be attributed to both sides of the bagger coin and in this case it’s fire. The primary petition has probably already been drafted.

      I hate to say it, but I believe that you’re probably right. I can’t see a Fonda becoming right-wing.

      Adding…..I sincerely hope that he gets a visit from the secret service.

    Know what I love about Disqus? The ability to collapse a comment/comment thread.

    (edited to add): Know what I don’t like? Misreading things.

    Pay no attention to the idiot at the keyboard.