A Conscious Effort

After accidentaly claiming she has the spirit of a serial killer in her yesterday, Michele Bachmann appeared on Good Morning America today and was given yet another opportunity to prove that she really has no idea what she is talking about.

Today, on ABC’s Good Morning America, she defended her “pants on fire” statement that the “Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery” (they didn’t) by insisting that John Quincy Adams was a Founding Father (he wasn’t). After host George Stephanopoulos pointed out that John Quincy Adams — the son of John Adams — did fight against slavery “decades later,” Bachmann stood by her historical interpretation.

Brilliant.

In an attempt to correct Mr. Stephanopoulos and the historical record however, Bachmann supporters made a mad-dash for John Quincy Adam’s Wikipedia page to correct the grievous errors found within.

In light of Bachmann’s latest historical hiccup, people are trying to edit John Quincy Adam’s Wikipedia page to reflect her recent gaffe. One edit, for example, changes his description from “John Adams was the sixth President of the United States” to “John Adams, a founding father, was the sixth President of the United States.”

And the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

Remember this from last week?

We don’t even know our own history. There was a report that just came out last week that the worst subject of children in American schools is — not math and science — its history. It’s the worst subject. How can we be a free people. How can we be a people that fight for America if we don’t know who America is or what we’re all about. This is, in my opinion, a conscious effort on the part of the left who has a huge influence on our curriculum, to desensitize America to what American values are so they are more pliable to the new values that they would like to impose on America.

A conscious effort indeed. But not from the Left.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    The projection is astonishing isn’t it? And then their blatant, conscious effort to fix the historical record so that they don’t have to acknowledge their lies. Where’s lexaburn? I want to hear an expert talk about this insanity. What the hell is going on with them….can it be form of mental illness? a neuroses? Shouldn’t the people rushing to fix Wikipedia be taken somewhere and deprogrammed or something…..

  • http://twitter.com/KidDynamo0 KidDynamo0

    I am sure I will end up writing the following over the next few months:

    SHE IS A MORON OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!

  • Dan_in_DE

    This here is some Grade A Colbert bait. Rushing out to the wikipedia, and revising history to agree with Bachman’s gaffes. You simply can’t parody these people anymore.

      Colbert and Stewart will find a way though! Thank FSM, they make me laugh otherwise, I’d be crying.

  • incredulous72

    Isn’t this just another attempt to rewrite history to fit their view of the country? Same as Texas Board of Ed. trying to omit people and events from their history books to fit their twisted ideology. Didn’t Palin supporters do the same thing in response to her Paul Revere debacle?

    Pathetic.

    These people do know that editing Wikipedia doesn’t actually change history right? Right?!

    • Robert Scalzi

      Not Only that Grant, what they do not get is that Wikipedia will not let their edits stand w/o references that are deemed historically accurate. what a bunch of ignorant fools

      this sums up how I feel about teafarters and republican’ts
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HTcet_BgYM&feature=related

    Great piece, Ashby!

  • Zen Diesel

    Leave it to the new darling of the Tea Party to once again take a trip down memory lane revisionist history.

  • trgahan

    It will be very interesting to see how the presidential debates goes (if there are any and it is allowed to run like a real debate). How is Obama going to debate an oppenent like this? How could he not half way through look at the camera and say “Are you people seriously considering this person?!?!”

    BTW, I doubt that Bachmann’s run will last more than a few weeks. There is only so much of this the American people can take.

  • Dan_in_DE

    The irony is so delicious – these twits go racing off to saint a man who reformed himself from deeply conservative (failure of a) president to abolitionist.

    • Dan_in_DE

      and yes.. I did go to his wiki page to discover that little truthiness nugget.

  • NintendoWii10

    Now this is just plain sad. The world is laughing at us just because folks like Michele Bachmann are not only running to defeat President Obama, but that there are folks who would actually VOTE for them over President Obama and spend all of their time and energy defending them.

    And editing Wikipedia? PUH-leeaze, that will just cause the entry to be locked so that only members can edit, and isn’t going to change the bazillion or so actual history pages that reflect actual historical facts. Anyone can google any history page outside of Wikipedia and find out that John Adams wasn’t a founding father nor did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor. I’m surprised they haven’t even attempted to edit John Wayne’s Wiki to reflect that gaffe, but let’s not give them any ideas.

    It’s sad that the Republicans have fallen to where they will run a radical crazy like Michele Bachmann just because that’s whom will get the base out to vote. I mean, the Republicans keep saying they want Obama to be a one term President, but so far the contenders don’t seem to have any chance in defeating Obama. Romney is a flip flopper whose religion won’t motivate the southern Fundies to vote for him; Bachmann is too crazy and drives away moderates; Cain won’t be able to get the racist right wing tea party vote; Gingrich is hated by way too many Republicans; Pawlenty is boring; Huntsman is boring and is complaining way too much about being tired, none of these fools seems to actually seriously believe they could be President, but they’ll get plenty of folks money convincing them that they could be President.

  • http://twitter.com/bphoon Brian C

    According to Sun Tzu, we should never underestimate our enemy and I agree with him. The more we simply dismiss people like Bachmann and Palin, et al, the better chance they have of being elected. GW Bush was a dimwit who couldn’t manage to string together a sentence in proper English running against a leading Brahmin who’d spent his life preparing to be President, remember?

    Bachmann’s not stupid whatever else she may be. I spent five years observing her from an adjacent congressional district in Minnesota. No matter who the DFL (the MN version of the Democratic Party) threw at her, she kept winning elections. She’s a lunatic, for sure, but not a stupid lunatic. I confess I don’t know how enough people will take her seriously to sustain a campaign through all the primaries to the nomination but stranger things have happened…After all, she raised $13 million during her last congressional campaign.

    All that being said, I’m firmly convinced she’s batshit crazy but that’s no disqualifier for President any longer, apparently.