And Our First Contestant Is…

After the state of New York passed marriage equality on Friday night, the question begged to be asked: Who would be the first Republican presidential contender to attack the decision?

Despite his dubious history, Newt Gingrich saw fit to be the first out of the gate.

(Reuters) – Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich on Saturday said the adoption of same-sex marriage in New York showed the nation is “drifting toward a terrible muddle.”

Saying he thinks marriage is between a man and a woman, he told reporters that he “would like to find ways to defend that view as legitimately and effectively as possible.”

He said he thinks the nation should be defending the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage ass being between a man and a woman.

Newt Gingrich knows all about defending marriage, doesn’t he?

Actually, I can think of no one better to educate the rest of us on what it looks like to be “drifting toward a terrible muddle.”

Will Newt display his unrivaled patriotism and love of straight marriage by marrying a fourth woman? Only time, and his next bill from Tiffany’s, will tell.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • incredulous72

    It’s laughable that this idiot has the audacity to say he defends the defense of marriage act. REALLY? Thrice married Newt?

    People in glass houses, Newt . . .

  • http://www.facebook.com/TheRealDonnacha Donnacha Kenny

    It may as well be the guy who has no chance of winning.

  • http://twitter.com/eaglesfanintn eaglesfanintn

    Not only is there the laughable Newt of the Three Marriages talking about it, but the whole idea of a federal law when most on that side of the aisle scream about states’ rights adds a whole new level of ridiculousness to it. Just like they want smaller government unless they want to legislate out something like abortion, they don’t want states left up to their own devices if they start passing all these “crazy” laws.
    If hypocrisy had a mascot, it would be an elephant.

    • incredulous72

      That’s insulting to elephants, Eagle. ;-)

      Elephants around the globe are doubled over in disgust at the idea that they symbolically represent the Republican party.

  • dildenusa

    “Our campaign is going to survive and I’m going to be in it all the way and I believe I can win it… because people want substance more than baloney,” he said.”

    Baloney is all I can afford for lunch right now. Especially since the republicans took control of the House of Representatives. At least if I vote for President Obama I know I’ll always have more than just baloney for lunch.

  • Chris Carrell

    Marriage is between a man, a woman , and the younger model giving a blowjob under the desk.

  • muselet

    I’d call Newt Gingrich an attention whore, but that would be an insult to whores.

    And Callista better hope her prenup is ironclad.

    –alopecia

  • Robert Scalzi

    I posted this to the newtsters FB page (god it was tough to hit the “like button” for this but it had to be done) I suggest we all spam the crap out of his FB page making it useless to him

    “So Newt You are the 1st repulsive-ican Prez candidate to denounce passage of the NY same-sex marriage bill …. Thrice married Newt Gingrich?? throwing stones ??.. Are you kidding me, Newt ?? You have done more to destroy the so-called institution of marriage than any Gay couple could ever hope to…. you really ought to remember the old adage …People in Glass houses should not throw stones.”