Drudge Is An Awful, Awful Liar

Here’s a provocative red-letter link posted on Drudge yesterday:

Oh no! The First Lady is thanking the media for being so kind to the Obama administration! The goddamn liberal media are Obots!

But, sorry. No. That’s not what she said. The link leads to this story.

CNN reporter: “How’s the family ready for this [the election]? It’s going to be quite vicious, isn’t it? How do you prepare for that?”

First Lady Michelle Obama: “You know, it’s … we’re ready, you know. Our children, you know, could care less about what we’re doing. We work hard to do that. Fortunately, we have help from the media. I have to say this: I’m very grateful for the support and kindness that we’ve gotten. People have respected their privacy and in that way, I think, you know, no matter what people may feel about my husband’s policies or what have you, they care about children and that’s been good to see.”

Right. She was thanking the media for protecting the privacy of the president’s children. And, naturally, there’s nothing wrong with that. Whatsoever.

  • lukenstein

    I noticed that too yesterday. This is classic Drudge. I’ve been arguing with a conservative friend for years who ONLY reads Drudge headlines, never the stories. It is often the case with Drudge, that the actual linked story disputes his headlines. This is quite frustrating when people only read headlines.

  • D_C_Wilson

    What I find amazing is that Drudge is still viewed by anyone. He hasn’t updated the look of his site in years. It still looks like a 4th grader’s first website on Geocities circa 1995.