I Have My Own Religion

Artist – David Fitzsimmons

In other news, Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser has “nothing to say” about reports that he physically assaulted a fellow female justice, and members of a charitable group were arrested in Orlando, Florida for serving food to poor people because they didn’t have a permit. What would Jesus do?

  • dildenusa

    With the negotiations on the debt ceiling and the budget stalled and going nowhere and a possible win/win situation for the republicans and a lose/lose situation for the democrats, the republicans won’t go anywhere in 2012 if their only primary voters are wise ice tea bag partiers. And if Bachmann appears as the front runner, moderate and independent leaning republican voters will stay home in the republican primary.

      Maybe.

      I’d rather be able to count on positive reasons we will win in 2012, so that means organizing, working our asses off, shouting down the firebagging opportunists, and encouraging action on the economy.

      If that sounds pollyannaish……sorry, but if I don’t start seeing it that way I’m going to be so fucking depressed I’ll give up.

      • JMAshby

        Complacency is certainly not an option.

          Agreed. :-)

        Totally agree, Nicole. Recent news and all the focus on how the Pres. is in the face of batshit crazy Rethug opposition is starting to make me think that (metaphorical) wrist slitting is a viable option.

          Yup. I swear, IG, there are days I just want to smash my computers and make it all go ………..away from my sight.
          Not that I would do that, but still…….

    Great piece at Rolling Stone by Al Gore on the media and climate change, and so forth, and so on………..:-)

    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/climate-of-denial-20110622

    • dildenusa

      I’m almost finished reading Gore’s book, Assault On Reason. It could also be called Assault on Reality since the modern American political system is an unreality turned upside down for the purpose of feeding the self interest of politicians and their friends and relatives.

      It seems to me that the democratic party at least since Franklin Roosevelt and Truman has tried to counter this political self interest as best that it can but has had to make the hard comprimises to move the nation forward. The so called republicans since the time of Ronnie Raygun are not the party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt. They are not a political party in any sense of the word. They are an amorphous crowd with a few very smart con artists like Gingrich and Norquist trying to mesh the crowd with the Christian Bible literalists.

        Adding Gore’s book to my list.

        They are an amorphous crowd with a few very smart con artists like Gingrich and Norquist trying to mesh the crowd with the Christian Bible literalists.

        Agreed.