Morning Awesome

Stephen Colbert on Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere explanation. Easily one of the top 10 funniest Colbert segments of all time. The Eisenhower quote: “Hey Adolf, we’re landing in Normandy. Here’s a warning shot. Ding dong, you bastard!” The Alexander Hamilton Roy Rogers joke. And, of course, the “ride” at the end. Genius in every way.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Sarah Palin and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Chris

    “Ding, dong, ya bastard” made me have to clean my screen for coffee.

    Are we sure Revere rode a horse, btw?

      Chris, yes, I am pretty sure. He was trying to be fast, discreet and had a lot of ground to cover at night. A horse would be the best way to do that back then.

  • David Lueck

    Greatness. Bob, how about a Neil Peart drum solo tomorrow in honor of him appearing on the Letterman show?

    OMG, that was hysterical-I startled by baby who had just fallen asleep I laughed so loud. I tweeted the statement about Paul Revere needing a cup too. Sometimes Colbert is just brilliant.

  • Michael Schwartz

    The Roy Rogers quip was the best. Being a Jersey Boy in CA, I long for some good old memories like that. Also, loading the musket on the horse? Classic.

  • Anne Tobin

    I laughed so hard at this segment, I almost needed my inhaler to fend off an asthma attack. Definitely a Top Ten contender!!!

  • muselet

    “I could not have said a random string of words better.” I am so stealing that.

    –alopecia