One Little Victory

Some rare good news from the Republican War Against Women:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Health and Human Services Department rejected changes in Indiana’s Medicaid plan Wednesday, saying it illegally bans funding for Planned Parenthood, and sought to make clear that a similar fate awaits other states that pass legislation barring any qualified health care provider.

State officials signaled they would not accept HHS’ decision.

However, Mitch Daniels and the Indiana Republicans already won their battle — they showed wingnuts that they’re willing to threaten the lives of women in order to win some far-right votes.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JMAshby

    This is amusing to me in that, like the vote in congress to kill medicare, they clearly demonstrated what it is they stand for -and- they didn’t even get it in the end.

    • BuffaloBuckeye

      If the Repubs keep this nonsense up, they’ll get it in the end, all right.

        You ain’t kidding Buffalo…..These laws and attempted laws are so offensive and dangerous. I hope that moderate women who might have voted Republican are paying attention and will rethink their choice next election.

        • BuffaloBuckeye

          For the life of me I can’t imagine why a political party would take a swing at a significant and influential share of the electorate. I don’t get it.

          IG, thanks for sharing (can’t reemember which blog at the moment) your story about your ancestors’ immigration. I know my Mother’s family came over from County Cork.

            Yeah, a lot people came from the West and South of Ireland because the Famine was the worst there. Limerick is the major city in County Cork. My ancestors surname was Shanahan. On my father’s side the surname from Dublin area is McMurrough. If you have any links to these surnames let me know. My family has a TON of information.

          • BuffaloBuckeye

            I believe they came over in 1849’ish and the exodus was famine-related. The surname is Kennedy.

          • BuffaloBuckeye

            If you wish, you can drop me a line at: kenkohl@yahoo.com.

            My guess is there is no need to torment Bob’s readers with our immigration histories…

  • Robert Scalzi

    Hey Bob this is a wierd request but Huffington post Front Page has been taken over by a Whale Wars Ad, every link now directs you to an animal planet whale wars ad. really frustrating. I tried to send them a heads up but even the “contact us” links direct you to the ad. Can anyone let them know they have either been hacked or have an ad link that has taken over every click link on the front page ?? thanks.. PS Your new layout ROCKS. keep on takin it to ‘em.

  • JustSwell

    Wish I could make it clear to the masses. This is NOT about defunding pregnancy terminations; there is “an Act for that”. The emphasis needs to be on the fact that these crusty crackers want to defund STD treatment prevention, sexual education and family planning services including, but not limited to bladder infection treatment, cancer screening and domestic violence prevention and counseling. I find the lack of compassion to be unchristian.