Talking Out Their Ass

Colbert takes on the Republican’s debt-ceiling double-speak.

“Give me liberty and I don’t want liberty”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • dildenusa

    For a very good dissection of our collective debt problems, check out these links.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalmers_Johnson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Keynesianism

  • dildenusa

    The republican plan for the debt problem can be summed up in one short sentence. Payoff the bondholders in China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Wall Street, etc., continue to finance the bloated defense establishment, continue support for favored industries, then cut medicare, medicaid, food assistance, social security, not just cut to the bone but done away with completely.