The Bubble Genius Bob & Elvis Show 6/3/11

Word Salad; The Fighter; The Nexus of John C. Reilly; Christian Bale’s Morphing Body; The Genius of Christopher Nolan; Can Romney Win the Nomination; Can Chris Christie Survive the Nomination; Double Dip Housing Market; Bob Freaks Out at Fancy Website Crap; Sarah Palin Mangles History Again; The Latest Breitbart Hoax About Weiner’s Weiner; and much more! Brought to you by Bubble Genius!

Not safe for work!
Download the mp3 (81 minutes, 33mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Bob and Elvis Show and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • DetroitSam

    For the love of God, will someone tell this blob, Chris Christie, about Weight Watchers?

    Instead of flying or riding everywhere he needs to get his very large butt out walking.

  • Art__VanDalay

    In all seriousness, how the hell do you guys have the time to watch so many movies/tv shows?

    Holy Monkey, good show!

      what she said. :-)

  • The_Dork_Knight

    Good show Gents!

    I can’t be the only one who found the rant about obtrusive websites a bit ironic given every time I been on this site this week I’ve had a Butterfinger ad shouting in my headphones.

      I had no idea that was happening (I use Ad-block). Furthermore, I didn’t place that ad on the site intentionally, or as part of the site design, or as a means of content delivery. Sheesh.

  • muselet

    Another very enjoyable show, gentlemen.

    Your wanting to ban people from listening to the podcast reminded me: I don’t have the quote in front of me and I’m too lazy to find it (surprise, surprise), but Larry Niven once received a very negative letter from a reader. His response was something to the effect of: “Reading Niven is a privilege, not a right. I have contacted every bookstore in your area and instructed them not to sell you any more of my books.”

    My pet gripe with websites—apart from autostarting video—is the practice of breaking a five-paragraph story over three pages. Yes, it increases page hits, but only if people are willing to load multiple pages, and I’m not. ABC News is one of the worst offenders.

    And Bob, how dare you insult Paris Hilton by comparing Sarah Palin to her?

    -alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/gussiejives Gussie Jives

    Just out of curiosity, have you guys seen Insomnia? I always got the impression it was the black sheep of the Chris Nolan library, but it’s a damned good flick all the same.

  • http://extremeliberal.wordpress.com/ Extreme Liberal

    I’m right with you Bob that Chris Christie couldn’t survive a run for president. On many levels he couldn’t survive. Whiny and arrogant is a bad combo.

  • Paul Bloomquist

    Looking at Gov. Christie, I find no irony that the podcast is sponsored by Bubble Genius.

  • hedgesahead

    As for obtrusive web widgets of all kinds, I use FireFox, and an extension called NoScript. Not hard at all to set up, and it’s default is to stop all scripts from running on pages, including those blocked by adblocker. It gives you a menu to decide which scripts you do want to allow, such as disqus so I can post this comment. I find that I far prefer figuring out which scripts I want to run on a page, and the pages themselves load faster when you don’t need to communicate with googleanalytics all the time.
    With regards to Weiner, he no more needs to confirm the identity in the picture than Donald Rumsfeld needs to deny that he’s a lizard person, as asserted by Louis C.K. on the Amos & Andy show. Why should a different standard apply simply because Weiner having a crotch-pic is more plausible than Rummy devouring babies?