The Very Liberal Orrin Hatch

Artist – Pat Bagley

In other news, the Tea Party is threatening to primary and replace long-standing Senator Orrin Hatch for his support of raising the debt ceiling and the State Children’s Health Insurance program, among other things. And nearly all of Newt Gingrich’s top campaign staffers declared that they want a divorce today.

Tonight — Game 5 of the Dallas Mavericks vs the Miami Heat. The series is currently tied 2 to 2.

    The tea party needs to get over itself, cause they are so over.

    Let ‘em threaten all they want, they are unlikely to be a power in 2012. And, just because they primary Hatch, does not mean the TPer candidate will have a chance in hell.

    2012 will not be 2010.

  • The_Dork_Knight

    Im worried today that this depression we are in is swinging downward again… that the double dip that people like Krugman and Reich have prediciting is coming, and soon. Romney is trying to set himself up as the great jobs guy. I know its bullshit but drowning people will hang onto any piece of flotsom that comes along. President Obama and the Democrats in general need to start pushing for a massive jobs project. I know it has no chance of getting through Congress, but we need to make it completely clear to every smuck with a tv who is in favor of creating jobs, and who is blocking job creation, or we are gonna get clobbered again.

      SHmuck. Bad Yiddish makes baby Jesus cry.

  • mikecz

    Wait for the interest rates. That is all.

    If democrats can hold that off, ie keep the fed from raising them, they will have a chance. But a double dip is immanent, currently the rates are falsely low and HAVE to come up. Enjoy the dirty double…

  • Guest

    wrong spot.

    An excellent piece by Steve Benen on why Weiner is getting so much more coverage than Vitter or Ensign ever did.

    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2011_06/politicians_arent_or_shouldnt030168.php

    Also…..

    “Defenders of embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner are increasingly hard to find, but one place where he still has vocal allies is the liberal blogosphere.”

    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56613.html#ixzz1Oq7n6FJC

      For what it’s worth, my three cents:

      Wiener, Wiener Everywhere…

        cousinavi, excellent blog post and I agree completely!

      • muselet

        I agree with almost every word you wrote, especially this:

        IT’S NONE OF ANYONE’S FUCKING BUSINESS! And smearing people because of what they get up to with CONSENTING ADULTS in PRIVATE is just fucking wrong. Not a little wrong, not slightly off – all the goddamn way, slamming into the red, cracking the little needle WRONG.

        Bravissimo.

        However (oh, dear, there’s always one of those when I’m around), had Bill Clinton done what you suggest, and what I like to think most of us would have done, and told Kenneth Starr where to get off (double meaning intended—you’re a very bad influence), Starr would have had a conniption and the House Republicans would have added “Bad Manners” as another charge.

        Back on topic: Anthony Weiner sexted like a testosterone-addled high-schooler. Being stupid isn’t against the law or against any House rules; if it were, there would be a whole lot fewer members of the House. Dope-slap him and move on.

        You’re the best. You said everything I’ve been thinking, only much more articulately.

    I’m so depressed. I’ve signed up on a dating site and its such a bizarre experience and I don’t mean that in a positive way.

    • MrDHalen

      None of your girlfriends can set you up with somebody? Put them to work for you. :-)

      I hope if becomes a fruitful endeavor.

        I have two girlfriends from work that I do something with once in a blue moon…all the rest live remotely. My social life is nil right now because I have a 9 mo old baby. That alone is enough to make men run screaming in the other direction. I THOUGHT that an online dating service would allow me to just put the facts out there and see who bites, plus save me some time and open up the number of choices (because let’s face it…in AZ, liberals are as rare as the dodo bird). :)

    • muselet

      Tell me it wasn’t eHarmony. :^)

      Seriously, though, Dan’s right. You’re better off with embarrassing setups arranged by well-meaning friends. (Says the single guy. Um, feel free to ignore everything I say on the subject.)

        Alo, that was hysterical! And her voice…it’s worse than my 8 year old daughter’s voice…..compared to her I look like the best catch on the planet. Geez!

      Well, hmm…, it’s worked for others, why not you?!!

      Chin up. :-)

        LOL…..You know it’s interesting from a anthropological and sociological standpoint….I’ve discovered is that finding someone online works exactly the same way as it does in bars, clubs, etc. It’s a friggin meat market. I might just wait until my kids turns 18 and then get a social life. It would be easier…..

          No doubt your kids, while not sharing this particular insight with Mom, are quietly wishing you’d get laid – take the edge off.
          ;-)

          /kids these days

            Well if my 9 mos old is worrying about my sex life, I think I’m going to be in serious trouble when he hits puberty. LOL

            Besides, I have that taken care of…that’s what vibrators are for!

            Good thing we ain’t in Congress.

            That’s a capital C.

            By the time I realized I might want to hold public office I’d already inhaled, divorced, and generally stepped in doo a few times….figured there was enough of that in politics already. Then again, maybe it means I’m more than qualified for Congress and congress.

            Ditto that. I’d never make it. God, my google page would be full of my exploits within a week.

            Liberals have no shame, ya know! ;-)

          • muselet

            KAYLEE: … [G]oin’ on a year now I ain’t had nothin’ twixt my nethers weren’t run on batteries!
            MAL: Oh god! I can’t know that!
            JAYNE: I could stand to hear a little more …

            (Couldn’t resist.)

            One of the best quotes from Firefly if you ask me. Just saw that episode the other day! :)

          Just be careful, IG. Too many whackos out there.

            I will be, I used to be in law enforcement so if they try to mess with me they’re gonna get a “hurtin put on em, if’n ya ken what I mean” ;)