Deficit Shmeficit

And by the way, the new Gallup Poll indicates that Americans don’t give a flying rip about deficit reduction — at least when compared to the economic recovery and jobs.

58 percent versus 16 percent. You know why? Because it’s a bullshit issue in a slow growth recovery and people know it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Doesn’t seem like a lot of concern of taxes, either.

    • trgahan

      Not much concern for all them “family value” social issues and I don’t even seen unions or collective bargining on the list….are we seriously being ruled by 6% of the population?!?

      • http://twitter.com/bphoon Brian C

        If the GOP get their way, then the answer is yes. Latest polling indicates the Tea Party represents 10-13% of likely voters. In that the GOP relentlessly panders to the Tea Party and given that they are determined to drag the rest of us kicking and screaming into their particular version of utopia, then yeah, we’d be governed by…well, not exactly 6% of the population but 10% ain’t much better in my book.

  • agrazingmoose

    Also, only 5% care about war first. Everyone should hear the NPR interview I heard with a woman Marine who’s job it was to identify body parts of our soldiers and to pack them away for their families. Most of our dead soldiers are blown apart.

    A growing number of them come home to commit suicide.

    What is wrong with us?

    • JMAshby

      Out of sight. Out of mind.