New Corp Whistleblower Found Dead

Just now:

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

They say it’s “unexplained” but “not suspicious.” Not Suspicious. Yeah. Right. Whenever there’s a major conspiracy, and someone directly involved mysteriously dies, it’s always suspicious.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • barbintheboonies

    It`s got me suspicious, or at least a bit curious

  • D_C_Wilson

    Not that I don’t think Murdoch is capable of cold-blooded murder, mind you, but I don’t want to jump to conclusions and go all Vince Foster on this until all the facts are in. I definitely want to know more about the circumstances of his death.

    What are the odds that our “librul media” will gives this case the same amount of attention is gave the Casey Anthony trial?

    • incredulous72

      Not a goddamn stitch.

      I’ve been reading it online, but I haven’t heard about Hoare’s death yet on the tv news.

      And as far as his death not being considered suspicious; MY ASS.
      How can it not be deemed suspicious?!

      Update: Just heard it on the 6 o’clock news.

  • mattpd

    Didn’t we see this in the movie Michael Clayton?

    Not to jump a topic here… but I have to comment on the ridiculous story from Fox and Friends last friday (as seen on News Hounds over the weekend).

    They had some “media consultant” and Steve Doocey talking about it and here were the points:

    1) The media is piling on
    2) Hacking goes on all the time, even the pentagon was hacked and 24000 files taken. Even big banks get hacked. When are we going to address the larger problem of all the hacking.
    2.a) Steve Doocy surmised that ‘maybe it’s the chinese’.
    3) News Intl has said and done all the right things.
    4) There are more important things to cover, we have a debt crisis for goodness sakes.

    In short, here are my responses:
    1) Wah… too bad. (I’m not even going to use the ‘imagine if this were the NYT’ comment…)
    2) The difference is that you’re company is DOING THE HACKING
    2.a) Nice one Steve… throw the bogeyman at this one.
    3) They really hadn’t done or said all the right things. They’ve protected people like Brooks, and fired a bunch of innocent people that worked at the Sun, for one.
    4) And the kicker of them all…. what next very important news story did Steve Doocy saw they were going to after the break? “The latest on the Casey Anthony saga”

    D’oh

  • muselet

    “The death is currently being treated as unexplained but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing.”

    In this context, “not thought to be suspicious” means little more than “not obviously criminal” (he wasn’t shot or stabbed or bludgeoned and his flat wasn’t burglarized). Yes, it may ultimately turn out that he was killed by a ninja assassin under direct orders from Rupert Murdoch; it may also be that Sean Hoare dropped dead of natural causes. That’s why the police are investigating.

    –alopecia

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_R2OPPKURRNWL7OYXYECQMCFW5I Anthony

    Nothing is ever a coincidence in politics. That’s all I’m saying.

    He was an admitted substance abuser, which I guess differentiates him from me only by the addition of ab – a relative matter of opinion, context and perhaps being found out…
    Nevertheless, he had been to rehab and given all the circumstances would have been under tremendous pressure – not the sort of thing that would make me pick up an extra bottle of rum and maybe a few capsules of Calm Down. Not at all.
    Just sayin’…sometimes junkies OD and once in awhile the dead junkie is an important Crown witness.
    And that cuts heavily against anyone taking the risk of murder: junkies are terrible witnesses. People with a history of drug abuse are easy to discredit.
    Conversely, in a case where there are mountains of other evidence coming from bribed police, victims, hackers and other employees, killing this one junkie is a huge risk that don’t do doodly squat to mitigate the problem. HUGE risk, no gain.

    It’s suspicious when anyone under the age of 50 dies for no apparent reason…but this doesn’t seem to present any rational justification to fire up the Conspiracy Generator.