Monthly Archives: July 2011

Morning Awesome

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova – “Falling Slowly”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | 2 Comments

No Blank Checks

Artist – Adam Zyglis In other news, Norwegian terrorist Anders Breivik apparently purchased his extended 30-round ammo clips from the U.S. because they are forbidden in Norway, and the Chamber of Commerce wrote a letter to House members today warning … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Republican Grabass Continues

After originally postponing the vote on John Boehner’s signature debt-ceiling bill for two days while it was being re-written to suck less ass, the vote on Boehner’s re-written bill has been delayed yet again as the Republicans seemingly do not … Continue reading

Posted in Epic Fail | Tagged , , , , | 6 Comments

Jackass Quote of the Day

Yes, I know Representative Paul Broun (R-Looneybin) has already been quoted once today, but I just can’t let this line slip by. “Well, Andrea, the thing is, when someone is overextended and broke, they don’t continue paying for expensive automobiles; … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

GOP – Special Victims Unit

“That is, if I may say, some of the most free-range, organically grown, disingenous, ideologically marinated, un-self-awareness I’ve ever seen in the wild.”

Posted in Far-right Intellectual Violence | Tagged , , , , | 1 Comment

Republicans Want to Mine Uranium at Grand Canyon

The Republicans keep breaking their own record for awfulness and destruction. Last month, Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar cheered environmentalists and fans of the great outdoors with his extension of a moratorium on uranium mining near the Grand Canyon for … Continue reading

Posted in Environment | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

Pat Buchanan Is Not Your Kindly Old Grampy

Unless your grampy is a racist turd. Evidently MSNBC’s animatronic wingnut, and the network’s favorite cuddly grampy character, thought the right-wing terrorist who went on a shooting spree in Norway “might have a point” about Muslims. Yeah. Not a shocker. … Continue reading

Posted in The Media | Tagged , , , | 12 Comments

Stupid Palin Thing of the Day

Here’s Sarah Palin on Fox Business Channel falling back to her favorite theme: race-baiting about the “foreign” president his un-American “background”. Shameful race-baiting aside, it makes sense that a woman who quits everything believes that we should quit paying our … Continue reading

Posted in Sarah Palin | Tagged , , , , | 17 Comments

Super Stupid

I keep forgetting to include Paul Broun in my Crazy Caucus roster along with Allen West, Michele Bachmann, Steve King and Louie Gohmert. But yeah. He’s in there. Yes, Broun doesn’t want to raise the debt ceiling, of course — … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , , | 16 Comments

Morning Awesome

City and Colour – “The Girl”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Send In The Seals

Artist – David Fitzsimmons In other news, a federal judge upheld a ruling today which allows federal funding of embryonic stem-cell research to continue, and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that it will begin the process … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | 2 Comments

Lunatic Quote of the Day

Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Martin speaking to reporters in Washington today: Jenny Beth Martin, a co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots (the grassrootsier wing of the movement) agreed that default — and the requisite end in government payments for … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , , | 14 Comments

Planned Parenthood Facility Attacked

Right-wing extremism continues. Officials with Planned Parenthood confirmed that their McKinney clinic was the target of violence sometime last night. Holly Morgan, director of media relations and communications for Planned Parenthood in Dallas, said their McKinney health center located on … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , | 9 Comments

It’s The Hypocrisy, Stupid

No. While it may be fun to snark about Michele Bachmann’s expensive makeup, which I am guilty of doing myself, or her horde of foster children, you don’t need either of those things to find something about Bachmann which warrants … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , , , , | 6 Comments

Economic Terrorists

While speaking to conservative radio host Laura Ingraham today, House Speaker John Boehner finally admitted what many of us have already come to realize — that some members of his own party are hell-bent on causing serious harm to the … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , | 5 Comments

Deficit Shmeficit

Kevin Drum on federal spending hysteria: Bottom line: our current deficit panic is mostly just manufactured hysteria. Our recent spike in spending is an artifact of the recession and will go away in the next few years. Generally speaking, defense, … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , , , | 17 Comments

The Republican Plan Would Cost $100 billion per Year

If the Republicans get their way and pass, for example, the Boehner plan for the debt, the U.S. debt would be downgraded and interest rates would go through the roof. And if that happens… Belton said that a 70 bps … Continue reading

Posted in Economy | Tagged , , , | 8 Comments

Again with the Eliminationism

The Republicans are back with more violent rhetoric. Evidently they used the following clip from The Town during a caucus pep rally: ThinkProgress reminds us: “In the movie, the characters then put on hockey masks and bludgeon two men with … Continue reading

Posted in Wingnuts | Tagged , | 9 Comments

Morning Awesome

America – “Ventura Highway”

Posted in Morning Awesome | Tagged , | 4 Comments

Pea Party

Artist – Jeff Parker In other news, President Obama made it clear today that he would veto John Boehner’s two-tiered debt-ceiling proposal if it ever reaches his desk, and the campaign finance filings of Michele Bachmann have revealed that she … Continue reading

Posted in Open Thread | Tagged , , , , , | 10 Comments