Quote of the Day

Members of the U.S. Congress reported Wednesday they were continuing to carefully debate the issue of whether or not they should allow the country to descend into a roiling economic meltdown of historically dire proportions. “It is a question that, I think, is worthy of serious consideration: Should we take steps to avoid a crippling, decades-long depression that would lead to disastrous consequences on a worldwide scale? Or should we not do that?” asked House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA), adding that arguments could be made for both sides, and that the debate over ensuring America’s financial solvency versus allowing the nation to default on its debt—which would torpedo stock markets, cause mortgage and interests rates to skyrocket, and decimate the value of the U.S. dollar—is “certainly a conversation worth having.” The Onion

Yeah, that summarizes all of it. Genius. And depressing.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/bphoon Brian C

    Too bad Cantor et al continue wasting our time (and stealing our oxygen) blathering their failed ideological (idiotological?) pap at the cameras and microphones. The large majority of American people are leaving them behind. Problem: we no longer have enough time to allow them to continue holding the rest of us hostage to their particular, and peculiar, version of utopia.

    Their childish narcissism is hurting America.

    I can only believe that the Republicans in Congress have no consciences. What person of good conscience would sell out their country, their people, for money?

    They should all be tarred, feathered, and shipped to a deserted island whereby they can govern themselves alone.

  • laddieluv

    WTF???

    I don’t even have words anymore.

  • Zen Diesel

    Memo to the Republicans Clowns:

    Damn you all to Hell if you allow the US Economy to blow up!!!!!

    Memo to self:

    Must purchase loin cloth, horse and find hot babe if Armadebton occurs

  • Dan_in_DE

    I saw this yesterday and posted it immediately to my facebook page – these people can no longer be parodied.. they’ve driven The Onion to the point of having to report straight facts!