Send This Link to Rep. Allen West (R-Fla)

ThinkProgress writer Alyssa Rosenberg put together a rather entertaining primer about female etiquette for the benefit of misogynistic freakdog Allen West. The upshot:

It’s not surprising that West made the mistake of assuming that being a lady means a pliant, adorable cream puff. Lots of folks do. But Debbie Wasserman Schultz is heir to the best part of the lady tradition: the tough as nails one.

Much like Rush Limbaugh, West has some kind of pathological hatred of women. And also, like Rush Limbaugh, I don’t care to know why.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • incredulous72

    It’s actually fear, Bob. West and Limbaugh have a pathological FEAR of women.

  • muselet

    Allen West reminds me of a line from a Monty Python sketch:

    “When the Piranhas left school they were called up but were found by an Army Board to be too unstable even for National Service.”

    More seriously, West strikes me as emotionally unstable. Someone is going to say the wrong thing to or about him and he’ll snap. It won’t be pretty.

    You know, when you look at results like clarence thomas and allen west it’s difficult to not think my bigoted relatives may be right about affirmative action ….

      That’s wrong on so many levels, I don’t even have the time to go there.

      Suffice it to say that affirmative action has nothing to do with it. And neither does their race have a damn thing to do with the fact that they’re assholes.

      • D_C_Wilson

        For one thing, Rush’s misogyny doesn’t fit the profile.

      • Brutlyhonest

        Since I’ve not posted much lately my snark may not have been clear. That said, over my nearly 30 year Navy career I saw people get extra chances to complete qualifications because of who they were. Some were ethnic minorities, some were women, but the ones that really torqued me were the ones with family ties that garnered preferential treatment. Especially when I was flying, all I wanted was for everyone to meet the same standards I had to.

        Allen West seems less than bright and stellar, so there’s a good chance he benefited from special treatment along the way.

  • D_C_Wilson

    The thing that kills me the most about West’s tirade is that he sends an email demanding that she tell him face-to-face what’s on her mind. What kind of a coward does that?

    • Brutlyhonest

      And why does no one ask him why he wasn’t on the floor to hear it?