Serious People Reject Unserious Eric Cantor

It’s about goddamn time.

Behind the scenes, leading members of both parties have concluded that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) is an impediment to resolving the debt limit standoff, and should back down. Now, Democrats are publicly calling for him to get real or go home.

“House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has shown that he’s shouldn’t even be at the table,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) in a blistering floor speech Thursday morning. “And Republicans agree.”

Oh yeah. Cantor belongs with the Crazy Caucus (Steve King, Michele Bachmann, Louie Gohmert), not in a negotiation where the entire American economy is at stake — an economy he’s personally betting against by short selling t-bills. That alone should have disqualified him from the beginning.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • jmby

    In a perfect world, this would be the beginning of the end of this douche’s hold on his district in Richmond, but it’s not a perfect world and his district is full of douches of the same magnitude. I pledge to work and spend what I need to to shove him out of his undeserved seat in Congress. Since high school, this guy’s been a tool and a worm, and he’s only gotten worse.

    • incredulous72

      You’ve known him since high school, jmby? That’s gotta suck.

      I think more “unserious” people have become politicians in the last 25 years than serious ones. Those that are self-absorbed, narcissistic and don’t know their ass from their elbow when it comes to education, history and politics.

    • Brutlyhonest

      Please tell me this piece of shit spent a lot of time stuffed in his locker?

      Also, I really hope I never get within reach of him and he opens his mouth; every time he speaks, my government-supplied anger management problem yearns to punch him. Hard.

  • Zen Diesel

    I get knots in my stomach every time that tool goes on TV and speak. I would have a .001% respect for him if he actually talked about his plan to fix this instead of rattling off the Republican Flash Card talking points.

  • incredulous72

    I’m watching “Hardball” right now and they (Matthews, Reagan and Wagner) just spoke of this brat’s high school quote, “I want what I want when I want it.”

    That says so much about such a little shit.