Super Stupid

I keep forgetting to include Paul Broun in my Crazy Caucus roster along with Allen West, Michele Bachmann, Steve King and Louie Gohmert. But yeah. He’s in there.

Yes, Broun doesn’t want to raise the debt ceiling, of course — he wants to somehow lower it.

On MSNBC yesterday:

Broun: I introduced a bill to lower the debt ceiling, not raise it. And i just think raising the debt ceiling is not the way to go. We need to lower it. We need to pay off the debt. We need to deal with the debt and we need to create a stronger economy. We just disagree on the tactics here. We both want to get to the same end result. That’s to create jobs out in the — throughout America.

He might as well have introduced a bill demanding the usage of a time traveling DeLorean in order to go back to before his party already spent this money. You can’t unspend money. This Broun guy is a major dumbstupid.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    I just got off the phone with my mortgage company after telling them I’d lower my debt ceiling and be only paying half what I pay every month. They started saying something about lawyers and foreclosures, but I was too busy yelling “USA, USA, USA” and waving a “Don’t Tread on Me” Flag. I’m sure everything will be fine.

  • http://twitter.com/jbrzoska Jason Brzoska

    I’d add Virginia Foxx…

  • dildenusa

    This is nothing but bullshit. Not only are these tea party clowns totally incompetent but Boehner can’t even get them to vote yes on his plan. What a joke this will be if he can’t even get 218 votes from a 240 member caucus.

  • JoyP

    I think you also need to add Joe Walsh R-IL to that list. It’s being reported today that he owes over $100K in back child support to his ex-wife and three children as well as a condo foreclosure (via Kay at Balloon Juice, sorry, I can’t figure out how to link it). This guy is on every TV show spewing his ignorance. It looks like the guy who doesn’t want anyone’s children saddled with debt doesn’t mind not paying his debt obligations.

    • peonyharp

      Amazing, isn’t it? I saw this item too, Joy, but thanks for mentioning it here.

      • JoyP

        Actually, after I think about it for awhile, it seems right in line for Walsh. He is willing to the government default on its obligations because he obviously doesn’t mind defaulting on his. Makes perfect sense now.

      Speaking of Joe Walsh, Steve Benen has a piece on Walsh up today.

      http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2011_07/joe_walsh_and_the_virtues_of_f031153.php

  • http://twitter.com/groobiecat Groobiecat

    Right. Have you noticed that all the tea baggers avoid using hard data or knowledge. It’s all “I just think…” and “I really feel that…” and “I believe…” Bleh. Here’s a good example. On NPR this morning, Rep. Chaffetz (R-UT) uttered more stupid generic wordage on gut-based analysis:

    “I personally have to do what I think is right for the country. I didn’t come here to just to go along to get along,”

    “I really truly worry that the debt is one of the single biggest threat to the United States of America, that we’re talking about a problem that is multi-trillion in its depth and I think we ought to be cutting more. I just don’t think it goes far enough,” Chaffetz said.

  • peonyharp

    Stupidity deluge!
    I viewed the not-short-enough video on Broun’s remarks: be forewarned – your ears may bleed His inability to articulate a well-reasoned response, along with expressed delusions that are almost palpable they’re so huge, deserve an immediate recall by his constituents.

    Okay, so this guy and Palin’s awful comments yesterday are enough to send anyone over the edge, but this…well, when a politician sullies LOTR, I have reached my limit:

    Describing the tea party’s strategy to force a rewrite of the Constitution by triggering a default, he concluded that their thinking was along the lines of something from “Lord of the Rings.”

    “And the tea party hobbits could return to Middle Earth having defeated Mordor,” he said. “This is the kind of crack political thinking that turned Sharon Angle and Christine O’Donnell into GOP Senate nominees. The reality is, the debt limit will be raised one way or another.”

    So saith John McCain. Yes, he argues in favor of raising the debt ceiling and puts down the TPers, but he’s supporting the Speaker’s plan. Ugh!

  • incredulous72

    Proof positive that the tea party congresspeople are as dumb as a bag of rocks and don’t even know what the debt ceiling is.

    He also preceded to make a comparison between the government making spending cuts and the ‘average american family’ making spending cuts when they’re in debt. For instance, if you’re an ‘average american family’ that is in debt, you decrease your spending in ways like getting rid of the four brand new cars you have in the drive way and buy older used cars and you cancel your membership to the country club.

    Did I mention he was talking about the ‘average american family’?

    Asshole.

  • LK3

    Bob and JM Ashby
    I still read every day – and am so very thankful to have you both and chez to turn to for some rational, sane, information with a few laughs. I so appreciate everyone’s comments as well. I just gave up on posting myself as i feel lik eall i want to do is a faceplant into my keyboard. I am so tired of stupid and ignorant and I despise these people with wealth and power who have no shame or integrity and are willing to sacrifice its people because they want to stick it to the President for their own gain. I am a hopeful person but this whole Tea Party/ Conservative agenda makes me truly wonder how on earth we get through this….and really Where do we go from here?

    • Scopedog

      “…Where do we go from here?”

      Good question.

      Then again–and I hate to sound like a broken record–we should not be surprised that they would pull this s**t. They pretty much made it clear through the 2010 campaign–and even before that–that they wanted to make President Obama a one-term President, that they did not give a flying f**k about jobs or fixing the economy or anything sane, rational people would want.

      They just wanted to gum up the works and kill Obama’s agenda, kill it stone cold dead.

      And make no mistake–he tried to warn us. But, with the MSM the way it is, and with such wonderful luminaries as Ed Schultz and Hamsher and Arianna screaming that they were going to “sit it out”, and with some Democrats stabbing Obama in the back, well…that’s pretty much the Cliff’s Notes version about how we got here.

      Who knows what will happen. I hope for the 14th Amendment option, the last goddamned resort, but I fear that if that is done, Darrell Issa is going to come running up with a plan for impeachment.

      And just for the sake of snark, I wouldn’t be surprised if Glenn Greenwald ended up advising Issa about the charges to level at the President.

  • LK3

    Also, by the way – the link to Chez’s site under banter wire – has a broken link.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YM23FX2FBZEC3UVDPZRGCUBIZ4 staci

      So, there is something to be thankful for today.

  • muselet

    Give Paul Broun credit: he does know how to stick to his talking points. Mostly, anyway.

    If you listen carefully to the audio, when Paul Broun starts talking about expensive cars and country club dues, you can hear the faint sound of his staff weeping in frustration because their boss went off-script.

    What a dolt.

    –alopecia

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Sandra-Jolly/100000133311955 Sandra Jolly

    Isn’t he the guy that wants us all to save money by trading in the Lexus for a cheaper car and giving up the country club dues??? Yeah, he knows what the country needs all right!