The Murdoch Zoo

Artist – David Fitzsimmons

In other news, Phyllis Siegal, 76, and Connie Kopelov, 84, who have been together for 23 years became the first same-sex couple to legally marry in New York City.

It has been at least 19 hours since same-sex couples could legally marry in New York. Where’s the apocalypse? I’m waiting.

  • jmby

    Two of my family’s oldest friends are a 91-year old man and an 86-year old man who have been together since 1946. I guarantee that most people have never seen the depth of devotion, respect, understanding and love these two share. Because they live in Virginia, they can’t be married. The older of the two just spent a month in the hospital, and the 86-year old slept on a cot in his hospital room every night. Try telling me they’re not married, or their relationship isn’t sacred and beautiful.