Worst Person in the World

Pastor Rick Warren for this tweet, which he deleted — but not before someone screen-capped it.

Rick Warren thinks poor people don’t pay taxes when, in fact, they do.

Oh, and Rick Warren probably shouldn’t be bitching about people who don’t pay taxes since I believe his phony-baloney church enjoys tax-exempt status. Because it’s a church. And, by the way, he could lose such a status if he continues to meddle in secular affairs.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Jeremiah G

    Even though you might not like him, Rick Warren is one of the few mainstream pastors who has his head somewhat screwed on right. Compare him to Pat Robertson…

      How does he have “his head screwed on right”? Please. I really would like to know.

      Just because he is better than Pat Robertson, or others who are the worst of their kind, does not mean “his head is screwed on right”. In point of fact, it is not. His church pays no taxes, corporations pay no taxes, yet he rails about poor people who pay no income taxes. That 50% still pays taxes, and they do so at the expense of feeding and clothing themselves and their children.

      It always makes me completely ill when a so-called man of God illustrates how little he actually cares about the people he serves, the people Jesus Christ cared most about.

      What a crock.

      • incredulous72

        Amen!

    • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

      Yeah, that’s like saying Bill O’Reilly has his head screwed on right because he’s the only person on Fox News who might make something resembling a legitimate point 1% of the time, as opposed to Hannity, Doocy, Gutfeld, etc’s 0%.

    Good god, what a douche.

  • dildenusa

    Rick Warren is a fundie. Fundies believe that God is a hairy old white man that lives in the sky. OK. I’m a hairy old white man but I live in Arizona. So I may not be God but I know a thing or two about life. One thing I know is that fundies are in the process of destroying this nation in the name of religious intolerance. By following false prophets, fundies have allowed corporatists to hijack the political system for the self interests of the corporatists. The fundies still haven’t learned that corporatists do not want the stranger welcomed, the hungry fed, the thirsty watered, and the naked clothed. I mean let’s get real here.

    • JMAshby

      The fundies don’t want any of those things either.

  • Michael Walker

    Ay-to-the-men. I’m an ordained evangelical minister myself (so that everyone knows), and the tax exemption for churches is one of the biggest cons going. The thing you must remember about Rick Warren is that he’s not particularly educated nor a deep thinker. He possesses the same skill-set as a successful real-estate or used-car salesman. If he wasn’t a pastor, he would be the most successful insurance salesman in your local Rotary Club. His best-selling “book” is a tepid re-write of the Roman Catholic catechism filtered through your grandma’s homey way with an aphorism. He’s an example, plain and simple, of another institution corrupted by money and power.

    • agrazingmoose

      I am so grateful for your comment.

  • muselet

    Whenever I see Rick Warren, the first word to come to mind is “smug.” The second is “wanker.”

    How kind of the good pastor to confirm my judgment.

    –alopecia

    • MrDHalen

      When I see him, I think of Cartman when he has the goatee.

      • muselet

        Yeah, I can see that.

    Could some please tell me where in American the poor have it so sweet according to the Tea Party and D-bags like Warren? I clearly am doing something wrong, cause I’m not enjoying the benefits of poverty in American that we are supposed to be destroying to make things fairer to the rich.

    BTW, Rick Warren is a reflection of everything that is wrong with religion in this country.