A Rare Admission On Fixed News

Fox News anchor Clayton Morris admitted on air Sunday morning that Fox News’ own “fact-checkers” have confirmed that man-made climate change is real, but also highlighted that the facts don’t matter.

MORRIS: If you dive into the weeds a little bit on this global warming thing, you see that it seems that facts are certainly on Huntsman’s side on all of this and fact checkers have come out, we’re actually having our own brain room look look at this right now that any of Perry’s comments don’t seem to hold a lot of water. [But] It doesn’t matter. What’s resonating right now in South Carolina is helping Governor Perry tremendously and he fired back at Huntsman on global warming and gaining traction, facts or not.

Wait. Didn’t your very own Sean Hannity say a snowstorm in the middle of winter proves global warming doesn’t exist? I’m pretty sure he did. It’s one of my favorite quotes.

Morris probably didn’t realize exactly what he was admitting to while trying to make his point, but he’s right. Facts don’t matter to the lunatic base.

Every fact in the book could be on Huntsman’s side, or President Obama’s side, or anyone’s side, but it doesn’t matter because the base isn’t interested in that. That doesn’t further their interests.

via ThinkProgress

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/rampala Natalie Rose Apar

    I love when they’re accidentally honest.

  • muselet

    … [I]t seems that facts are certainly on Huntsman’s side on all of this …

    “If you dive into the weeds a little bit, this so-called ‘gravity’ thing seems to be holding me on the surface of the planet.” “This ‘fire’ seems to be rather warm.” “‘Cyanide’ seems to be poisonous.”

    Oy.

    As Ronald Reagan famously said, “Facts are stupid things.”

    If this clip gets much play, we can expect Clayton Morris to take an extended leave of absence from Fox News. Can’t have facts getting in the way of the narrative, now, can we?

    The truth is liberally biased (I’ve forgotten whether that was stewart or colbert

    • muselet

      Colbert, at the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2006:

      Now, I know there are some polls out there saying this man has a 32% approval rating. But guys like us, we don’t pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in “reality.” And reality has a well-known liberal bias.

        Thanks :)