Attack Perry With This Irrefutable Fact

I really hope the Obama administration and the Democrats go after Rick Perry for this recent bit of history.

Texas, which crafts a budget every two years, was facing a $6.6 billion shortfall for its 2010-2011 fiscal years. It plugged nearly all of that deficit with $6.4 billion in Recovery Act money, allowing it to leave its $9.1 billion rainy day fund untouched.

“Stimulus was very helpful in getting them through the last few years,” said Brian Sigritz, director of state fiscal studies for the National Association of State Budget Officers, said of Texas.

Even as Perry requested the Recovery Act money, he railed against it. On the very same day he asked for the funds, he set up a petition titled “No Government Bailouts.”

“Join our fight and add your voice to a growing list of several thousand Americans who are fed up with this irresponsible spending that threatens our future,” Perry wrote on his blog on Feb. 18, 2009.

Seriously, bookmark this blog entry. Use it often. Post it on Facebook. Send it to your Republican friends. Rick Perry supports wealth redistribution and he supports bailouts. Period. Irrefutable fact.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/DAbitty Dee

    Will post it at the blog I am contributor to, as well as Facebook and Twitter… Thanks!

  • missliberties

    After perusing the right blogs it seems that DC Republicans are a bit flummoxed. RedStaters are ecstactic. And what the heck is Mitt Romney gonna do?

    We have to be ready with the facts, but it is gonna be fun watching all this GOP infighting.

    Bachman and Perry are both anti-gay. So there is that. Perry had that anti-sodomy law.

    Plus Perry has never had to contend with anything but a Republican majority in his state.

    Crazy times fer sure.

      Perry also wants a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between a man and a woman only.

        I’m assuming Rick Perry believes himself to be a ‘real’ man. I think that assertion is debatable.