Darth Vader’s Book Tour

Artist – Brian Fairrington

In other news, a new poll shows public support for same-sex marriage has increased 10 percent since 2010, and President Obama plans to address a joint session of congress on September 7th to unveil his economic agenda. That is if Speaker Boehner says it’s okay.

  • http://rob.yurkowski.net/ Rob Yurkowski

    Won’t happen, apparently — MSNBC says that Sen. Jim Demint will vote against letting the president speak.

    Ah, checks and balances. In fairness, I’m sure America’s founders never imagined that people would elect officials whose interests ran wholly counter to their own and to common decency.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Of course, it’s perfectly understandable why this president must be treated differently than any previous one. It’s because he’s… (come on, DeMint, it’s on the tip of your tongue)

    • i_a_c

      Skinny?

        It’s the big ears — DeMint hates men with big ears.

          Is it because he’s a smoker?

  • red_pills

    That would be his September 8 speech. Christ almighty…

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44343546/ns/politics-white_house/

  • Ipecac

    Wow. The Firebaggers are all up in arms blaming Obama for “taunting” Boehner. Basically, they’re blaming the President for the entire blow-up, suggesting that it was done to deliberately step on the toes of the Republican debaters. Because someone needed to hurt that non-event.

    Sheesh.

    • i_a_c

      Not a day has passed when the firebaggers don’t blame Obama for everything.

      • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_YM23FX2FBZEC3UVDPZRGCUBIZ4 staci

        I am now at the point that I tune into the Ed Schultz show specifically to see what I should be mad at Obama for on that day. It used to piss me off. Now, whatever.

    I don’t know what the political calculation behind Obama moving the speech to Sept. 8th was, but the idea that the GOP mutual press conference to blame Obama for everything that’s gone wrong is on par with a presidential address important to the nation is appalling. Besides, most of America will be watching the Saints-Packers game, so they’ll only get Obama’s plan as filtered through the MSM and Fox. This is roughly equivalent to what Coors does to beer using a horse as a filtration system.

    • http://twitter.com/AlanFors Alan Fors

      Yeah, why not the 6th, instead?

        Good question. I’m assuming the lollygagging congresscreatures probably take off the day after the holiday as well. I think Obama just should have kept it to the 7th and told the GOP to go scratch, but he’s not confrontational in that way. That said, being the adult in this situation may be to his advantage in the long run — maybe he wants the nation to get a good look at crapshit crazy Rick Perry and the rest of the freak show and this diversion was an excellent way to draw attention to the GOP debate. Obama’s levelheaded calm on the heels of that Republican cat fight will demonstrate clearly why he should be reelected.